iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I thought I knew?

Started by Pete J, December 22, 2004, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

I might be dumb, but what exactly is a yooper?

I was gonna ask Jeff, but figured he'd want to know what I already know in exchange for what I don't know. Someone please help! It took me until I was in my 30's before I found out who the Sooner's are. This can't wait that long. If I win the call from the yooper, I want to be ready.

psssst. Don't tell Jeff. He don't need to know.

Tom

A Yooper is a native of the "Upper Peninsular" (U-P-er) of Michigan.

ohsoloco

I knew what a yooper is, but now....what's a sooner ???

I gave up on the "I know" thread after the third page  :D

neslrite

And all this time I thought a yooper was a little chocolate coverd candy.
Who knew!
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

CHARLIE

Yah, me tinks it's a ha, ha. ;D    Chet done tolt me a long ago dat he's a Yooper 'cause he lives in the bestest part of Michigan....da U.P.  He says dem udder Michiganicans under da bridge is Trolls an' dey onlienest wished dey live in da U.P. Is dat right Chet? 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Pete J

Thanks for clearing that up. The story of the sooners is that long ago, before the government used to take land from us, they used to give it to us. They set a date for a so called "land grab" to begin in Oklahoma. Some greedy little types figured they'd jump the gun and grab the good land before the official start date and then claim it as theirs. When the government said go, the guys that got there sooner already had it. They've now got a football team named after them. The Oklahoma Sooner's.
Here is a more acurate link with official dates and stuff.
http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/our_history.htm

Haytrader

Well here is a Sooner.
My Grandaughter Stormy.
Bonified O U fan. (OU as in University of Oklahoma)

Haytrader

Patty

Hey Grampa...

She is a real cutey! You may want to keep an eye on those Sooners here in a few years.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

GF

I am from the Sooner state, you can watch them OU Sooners on Jan 4th playing USC for the Championship at the Orange Bowl.

Go Sooners!!

Thank You Sponsors!