iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Waiting for the truck again

Started by jwilly3879, November 04, 2013, 09:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Waiting for the truck again. The trucker we use also has an excavating business and he is backed up with dirt work. He gets the logs hauled but the pulp is piling up, probably going to call the fellow that hauls the hemlock pulp to come get a load of pine pulp for the shavings plant.

Some of the nicer pine logs we cut lately, no red rot.

Pine pulp I ran out of room for.

Woodhauler

Quote from: jwilly3879 on November 04, 2013, 09:23:57 AM
Waiting for the truck again. The trucker we use also has an excavating business and he is backed up with dirt work. He gets the logs hauled but the pulp is piling up, probably going to call the fellow that hauls the hemlock pulp to come get a load of pine pulp for the shavings plant.

Some of the nicer pine logs we cut lately, no red rot.

Pine pulp I ran out of room for.

If the guy hauls the logs he would haul the pulp!! If you called me to clean up the crap after someone hauled the cream, you would get a big fat NO!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

jwilly3879

Actually the fellow that hauls the pulp picks it up as a backhaul. He grabs it on the way home and drops the pine at the shavings plant which is about 3 miles from his house. The hemlock pulp goes about 20 minutes from his house and all the wood is decked for him.

RayMO

Sounds like a good haul then . I only cut hardwoods here in MO and the mill I sell to hauls them. They even hauled in and layed out over 3,000 ft of white oak stave logs and only charged me a token amount .
Of course I help them out when they need logs if at all possible so we take care of each other ...
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

jwilly3879

Here's the truck leaving yesterday with 31+ tons of pine pulp.

Tmac47

31 tons!  You guys don't have weight limits up there?  ;D

ga jones

I think 102,000 is legal with that set up in NY.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tree Killer

I remember when I was trucking , this time of year my crews would rather go huntin than work ! Lol I always seemed to do all of my hunting with my bumber !!

Woodhauler

As the story goes, back in the day i haul load after load on my 1985 gmc general tri- axle self loader that grossed in well over 100,000 pds! Had a couple of loads that went 107,000. 35-36 ton!  Had many loads of logs that grossed 8500 bd ft on the maine rule! ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

jwilly3879

Last load of pine pulp was 115,440 lbs, 31.35 tons of wood. The truck and pup weigh in at just under 53,000lbs. I'm not sure what he is permitted for but the load of pine was legal. He hauls a lot of pulp and that is the truck his son drives, he runs a tractor trailer that is every bit as nice. He buys pulp all around this area and also hauls for the mill in Ticonderoga.

nedly05

Any more pics of the job, where abouts in the Adk's are you at jwilly??

Kemper

Must be a really heavy truck, I've gotten over 31 tons and stayed under 100,000.

Quote from: jwilly3879 on November 13, 2013, 09:26:18 PM
Last load of pine pulp was 115,440 lbs, 31.35 tons of wood. The truck and pup weigh in at just under 53,000lbs. I'm not sure what he is permitted for but the load of pine was legal. He hauls a lot of pulp and that is the truck his son drives, he runs a tractor trailer that is every bit as nice. He buys pulp all around this area and also hauls for the mill in Ticonderoga.

Thank You Sponsors!