iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question for Franklin owners

Started by plasticweld, January 16, 2014, 05:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticweld

I have a 89 170 that the tag with the serial number is so messed up I can not make out the number to order some parts. My Clark and a stamped number in the frame up front is there a separate location on the Franklin that would have a stamped number? For those of you with 170s I need transmission filters and they tell me there are several to chose from. If someone can tell me a better way to find the filter numbers I would appreciate it. The filters that are in there are no longer made by manufacture who made them and I have having horrible luck with anyone returning any phone calls when trying cross numbers.

The machine 453 turbo with a powershift it currently has a Schoeder  8339   it has a spring inside, the hole in the middle is 2 inches the outside diameter is 4 inches and it is 9 inches long, there are two of them stacked inside the tank.. Any help would really be appreciated  Bob

loggah

There should be a serial number stamped on the frame ,or cab bottom  looking at the machine from the front ,it would be on the right side, just above the steps. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

BargeMonkey

Call bakers in OH. Ask for jeff in parts, he has been real good and should be able to help you with parts or knowing where to look for numbers. 

lynde37avery

my franklin is a 1970. its in the little door by the steps on drivers side of the machine. inside like, under the seat area.
Detroit WHAT?

Southside

Try Woody, he is a member on here, and a big help with Franklins.  He gave me the name of a good parts suppler, now I just have to remember where I saved it and I will get it over to you.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Southside

Found it, this is from him, Woody said he knows a lot of part numbers off the top of his head, he purchased a lot of NOS inventory and if he does not have it he knows the cross reference for it. 

check this place out  http://forestryconstruction.com/
He ships world wide
Ask for Keith
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Southside

Found it, this is from him, Woody said he knows a lot of part numbers off the top of his head, he purchased a lot of NOS inventory and if he does not have it he knows the cross reference for it. 

check this place out  http://forestryconstruction.com/
He ships world wide
Ask for Keith
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

smwwoody

Hi

I crossed that number to a Saylor Beall HFI K02A355  that filter is available from NAPA for $12.00.  the demensions they give for it are

Area (sq. inches) : 5
Bottom O.D. (Inches) : 5.88"
Bottom O.D. (mm) : 150 mm
Height (Inches) : 4.75"
Height (mm) : 122 mm
Hydraulic Filter Style : Air Filter
Media Type : Paper
Micron Rating : 5
Top I.D. (Inches) : 3.62"
Top I.D. (mm) : 92 mm
Top O.D. (Inches) : 5.88"
Top O.D. (mm) : 150 mm

I am not sure if this is the right filter it is listed as a hydraulic filter but they call it an air filter.  I will do some checking.  I am sure Keith from forestry and Construction can give you the right part number.  he may even have some NOS franklin filters in stock

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

Looking at the right side door opening the serial number should be stamped in the cab just behind the door opening and in the bottom of the door opening itself.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

are you sure the schroeder number (8339)  is a good number.  it does not check out with them as a good number.  i have tried to cross it a bunch of different ways and the only cross i have come up with is the napa number and i dont think it is the right one
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

plasticweld

Woody not sure the number is good, just the one my mechanic read to me over the phone, not sure that the filter that was in there is even right. I will have Leroy call your Keith when you open, thanks for the time and research to help me out...Bob

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

plasticweld

Thanks for all your help filters ordered, I appreciate the good customer service

Thank You Sponsors!