iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pneumatic control valves???

Started by Dave Shepard, April 24, 2008, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I need an air valve that has a roller lever. Position A: supplies air to cylinder, Position B exhausts air from cylinder. Is that a three way, two position? ??? I have an MSC catalog, and there are a ton of air valves, but they only give "three way" or "four way" or the number of ports, but they don't give an explanation of what they are doing in each postion. Anyone know anything about these valves? Thanks.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beenthere

Dave
Try McMaster-Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/
and page 958 in the catalog.  Appears to be some discussion of the different valves and schematics.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

Thanks, I'll go check it out.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Is it possible to actually get a McMaster-Carr catalog? I found one of the valves I needed at Surplus Center, even has the roller on it. 8)

Dave

beenthere

I've had good luck with purchases from Surplus Center.
With the online McMaster_Carr so good, haven't had a desire for a catalog...

But check on the Truck Part City too...just in case (sponsor).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

I just registered at Truck Part City! I can't believe how much stuff is on there. I'm putting together a wish list, got a bunch of things to order now that I'm gainfully employed. 8) I've got to get a 4" socket for the axle nuts on the skidder, and filters, and a bunch of other stuff. :)

Dave

Jeff

Remember, anything you need that you don't find on truck part city, send an inquiry from the website. Steve will find it if we don't already have it.  There will be tens of thousands of items added yet and tens of thousands of items we can get you right now.

www.truckpartcity.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!