iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tornado

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 17, 2011, 03:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well in York County where I live, a tornado hit just 4.3 miles from my home and mill. 3 people were killed. 1 was an electrician we all knew and the 2 others, man and wife went to our church. There were dead cows and dead chickens everywhere. Things are kinda low around the area today.
We were lucky the tornado dissipated before it got to our property.
The sirens were screaming, warning everyone of the weather. We were so lucky and are praying for the families of the lost.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Lambee10

Sorry to hear that.  I did not think much of Tornados until this past April when a crowd of them came through Raleigh and surrounding areas.  TV does not do it Justice.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I remember the storms in your area. I saw the after math on the news. Your right, you can't get a real grasp of reality unless you see it with your own eyes.

Thanks, Lambee
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

I am so sorry to hear of this, but thank God you are not hurt. 
Say when

paul case

Sorry for your loss, Piston.
Those lost to storms are remembered and usually never replaced. With the Joplin Mo tornado just 7 miles from me and in 08 thePicher Ok tornado just 2 miles south of me, we are missing a bunch of good folks. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Sprucegum

:(  A tornado in November? Is that normal?

zopi

Thhat just sucks...I have many friends around the smithville ms. area where that big one came through last summer...awful!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

CHARLIE

Tornados are just plain scary! One never knows where it will decide to hit. I'm sorry for the loss of you friend and church members. What a tragedy.  Life is so fragile and we never know who might not be here tomorrow. A good reason to always be as nice as you can and never miss an opporturnity to visit.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

customsawyer

It is amazing what these storms can do. I just finished a portable job where I milled right at 50,000 bf from the trees that were damaged in a storm that hit this area a few months ago. It will make you sick the amount of wood that will have to be destroyed due to cracks and breaks.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

rbhunter

Posted by: Sprucegum 
Insert Quote
    A tornado in November? Is that normal?

No it is not normal but does happen some times.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Thank You Sponsors!