iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

savage 110 help

Started by trapper, January 07, 2014, 09:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Took the bolt out of my left hand savage 110 in 30-06.  Cleaned the gun and went to put the bolt back in like I have done many times before.  The lever that is pushed down to remove and put the bolt back in does not want to go down.
What do I need to do?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Would the SAFETY being on or off have anything to do with it?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

Something hanging up, and maybe need to remove the action from the stock to see what it is.
I don't have my Savage action here at the moment so can't check it out.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

Pull the trigger while inserting the bolt.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

mburrow

To reinsert bolt, hold trigger back while depressing the lever, and just slide the bolt back in. The "baffle" lugs must be aligned with the locking lugs and oriented right, the one with the anti-bind ridge on it should be on the right side.

trapper

mburrow thanks dont know what I was doing wrong but following your instructions bolt slid right in.  Guess I need to start reloading again to shoot and clean it more than just deer season.  Used to shoot a lot of cast squib loads at an indoor range.

ffpup

Dang I thought I was the only one that has a savage 110 LH. I bought mine years ago. 25 to be exact and it has killed a pile of deer and a few coyotes. I was gonna tell ya how to put bolt back in but somebody beat me to it. I know that from experience. When it happen to me I was aggravated cause it wouldn't go back in.  8) is what I looked like when it went in.
00 Vance 471 Detroit power

Magicman

You sorta slipped by me ffpup.  Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ffpup

Quote from: Magicman on January 08, 2014, 10:03:23 PM
You sorta slipped by me ffpup.  Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Thanks Alot Seem to be a lot of good info here and some nice people to boot!
00 Vance 471 Detroit power

Thank You Sponsors!