iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It can very easily happen if you are using Microsoft Edge.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

I looked at the pictures in your gallery.
Very nice.
Do you use a router table?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Dado blade on a table saw.

samandothers

I too enjoyed the pictures, thank you.  What was the thickness of your rails, stiles and panels?  1 1/2"  and 3/4"?

I bet those were heavy doors.

fishfighter

1 1/2", inserts are 5/8" ship lap. Yes, the door is close to 125+ lbs. Had to use heavy duty hinges. ;D

Anyway, still under the weather and just been chilling. :( I did get out a little yesterday and played on the backhoe till it got to hot. ;D

TimW

I was in your photo gallery and came upon your Ben Franklin Parlor stove.  Before my divorce, we had one for ten years.  It stayed with the house when we sold it.

How do you like your's?
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

fishfighter

Sorry just getting back to you. I love it. Had used it 10-12 times to the point,  in very cold weather, working inside. It warms up the complete area. Puts out a lot of heat. Bought it off Craigslist for I think $150.

Still taking it easy and doing a little painting at the house for the dear wife. That is one thing I could hire out. ;D

Magicman

Gonna be too hot for the rest of this week and next week to do anything outside.  Stay close to the AC my friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Getting tired laying around besides in and out of doctors appointments and still no answers. >:(

Got some wood planning to do this morning for some trim. I'm about 100% sure the wife will give me a hard time. :D

Nebraska

Hang in there I've enjoyed watching your thread. Hopefully you'll get answers soon. 

woodybutcher

fishfighter, WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!!! I found this thread last weekend, and have read nothing on FF since I started.  :P :P :P. You do beautiful work, and are skillfull at many tasks. I love your cabin. Someday I may try to find you. Through trials and tribulations you have perservered. There is nothing wrong with your heart. Now while it sounds like the blood pump in your chest may have issues, you have more heart than alot of people that I know. keep on keeping on. God Bless. 

fishfighter

Why thank you. ;D I started this thread and hope it helps others. When I do feel good, this build has help me. The last month or two, I haven't got much done. :( Really was looking to finish it up before winter, but IDK these days.

I been getting a little seat time on the backhoe expanding my pond. I am using the dirt to build up the yard around the house. The yard area is a good ac or so.

My SIL should be coming over this weekend to help me saw up a couple oak logs. I have a couple dead standing trees to fell. That should cut down drying time, I hope.

Got more test coming next Monday that should have answers.

woodybutcher

You will be in our prayers on Monday. Wish the best for you, and hope I have as much energy when I retire. I have grandkids to keep me busy. :)

Magicman

Please keep us updated.  :P

fishfighter

Here it is Wednesday with little to no answers. Had to go back in today. Nothing but bad news there telling me I have a lot of fat on my liver. I think I open a can of worms and a road I don't want to go down. :( So far they found many problems, but unable to pin point the worse. More test, but I am about to just shut that down all together. Kind of been fighting gut problems about 3 years and I think I will just keep going with what I have.

Overall, I'm good, but very tired. Hoping for some cool weather soon. I have a mission if anything and I will complete it. ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Thank you for keeping us updated.
Now you keep fighting, we're all with you.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

LeeB

I don't know what your diet is but a keto diet can help with a fatty liver.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

TimW

Quote from: fishfighter on September 18, 2019, 05:38:54 PM
Here it is Wednesday with little to no answers. Had to go back in today. Nothing but bad news there telling me I have a lot of fat on my liver. I think I open a can of worms and a road I don't want to go down. :( So far they found many problems, but unable to pin point the worse. More test, but I am about to just shut that down all together. Kind of been fighting gut problems about 3 years and I think I will just keep going with what I have.

Overall, I'm good, but very tired. Hoping for some cool weather soon. I have a mission if anything and I will complete it. ;D
I had gut problems for 10 years.  No doctor or medicine fixed it.  When I couldn't see my regular Doctor, I went to another doctor in the same office.  He prescribed medication for when you fail a bowel sample exam.  The same exam that I always passed.  My ills disappeared after that and with cutting back on caffeine, just this last spring.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

samandothers

Sorry you are having a rough go currently.  Hang in there and keep pushing! 

fishfighter

Quote from: LeeB on September 18, 2019, 08:52:18 PM
I don't know what your diet is but a keto diet can help with a fatty liver.
Hey, us coonasses eat just about anything. :D

fishfighter

Still hanging in there. Still have one more test on the 16 of Oct. They do have me on some meds that are helping a little.

On the build, I really haven't did anything due to the heat. Just unreal heat here. Been in the upper 90's. Very dry. I been doing some more digging on the pond and moving dirt all around the house. Wish I had a dump trailer which would save a lot of time. Been getting in around two to three hours work till I shut it down for the day.

We should be getting our first cool front next week. If that happens, I will try to get my water line down in the ground. Got 1200' to trench. I really need the water so I can pressure wash the outside of the house so I can get it painted. I will be spraying that. So that is keeping me from putting up the eves which will be vinyl.

Magicman

Thanks for the update on yourself as well as the building.  Yup, also been close to 100° here so very little work especially mid-day.

fishfighter

Dirt work, dirt work and more dirt work. Some pictures of what I been up to being so dry here.

Did a big draw down on my pond due to a attack of mud cats by the millions that hatched. >:( Water is well over 10' low.

In the process of making a island.

That area is 15' deep and goings around to the left. Got many dirt piles spread all around the house.

With a little cooler weather, I had rented a trencher. The ground is so hard and dry, the trencher could not trench. :o First 12"-18" top soil is blue gum buck shot clay. Hard as concrete. The trencher couldn't even clean out what little dirt there was. :o

Anyway, a family member let me used this.

;D

Slow going with it due to having to shave down. Just can't dig. Been working on putting the water line down. ;D Just about at the half way mark to day. Took the time to back fill and grade things today due to high chances of rain. This picture was taken yesterday which is about the 350' mark. Got a good 600' done now and hope to rap this up by the weekend.

Oh, 1" pex tubing in 500' rolls. 

Nebraska

How deep do you trench down there?  Sure beats our five feet.

Kainkelly

Quote from: fishfighter on October 04, 2019, 06:31:09 AM
Still hanging in there. Still have one more test on the 16 of Oct. They do have me on some meds that are helping a little.

On the build, I really haven't did anything due to the heat. Just unreal heat here. Been in the upper 90's. Very dry. I been doing some more digging on the pond and moving dirt all around the house. Wish I had a dump trailer which would save a lot of time. Been getting in around two to three hours work till I shut it down for the day.

We should be getting our first cool front next week. If that happens, I will try to get my water line down in the ground. Got 1200' to trench. I really need the water so I can pressure wash the outside of the house so I can get it painted. I will be spraying that. So that is keeping me from putting up the eves which will be vinyl.
It's hard to work after it gets so hot, the heat can be a vacuum for energy it feels like. Love your build by the way!

Thank You Sponsors!