iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Blood

Started by DR_Buck, December 04, 2005, 08:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

and it's nothing to do with Stalone.

Sawing this weekend I had a 24 inch red oak log on the deck.  Slabbed one side, turned the log, took a  second slab cut and one fletch.   Flipped it to the 3rd side took a slab cut followed by a fletch cut.  Thats when things looked ugly. :(    Removed the fletch and found half a mouse in a hollowed out section of the cant. :o .   Found the other half in the fletch I had just removed. ::)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

jgoodhart

Dang mice get in to everything now dont they >:(, you taught that one a lesson ;)

DanG

:D :D :D  That sounds nasty, but it's better than finding half a nail!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Riles

And not as bad as finding half a worm in your apple...
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Gunny

Just came up to the kennels from shoveling my way everywhere this morning and found a half-eaten male Cardinal just to the outside of the Sepp-Sibe's wire.  The female seems to have nailed it with a paw and was trying her best to drag what was left back of the poor thing into the compound for a mid-morning snack.

Over in the Alaskans' lair, we've found large box turtles upside down, buried under the straw of their house, observed the big male as he mouthed the remains of his pine-squirrel treat (swallowing the upper-half whole in one gulp) and have had the female dig up the remains of a Mourning Dove chick that'd been blown out of its nest in a windstorm.  The Husky ran to us as if she'd just found the neatst treasure, tossed the limp little carcass high into the air and opened wide, swallowing it whole in a single gullllllp.

Always interesting to observe the thngs of Nature as they unfold before us.

Frank_Pender

Yep, Dr. I found a squirrel in a tree somewhat like that with a chainsaw one time.  Thought I had cut my leg, at first. :'(
Frank Pender

Gunny

Ever slice through a snake tree in the middle of the winter?  I did once--what a slimy wriggling mess!

Cedarman

Jeff may never cut another tree now that he knows there are snake trees.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

beenthere

Wiped out a raccoon once, on a cold winter day after cutting down a hollow oak, and bucking it up. Thought the same thing - how can there be so much blood and I don't feel a thing........Wheeeww!
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I got a coon one time while running a slasher for a winter while the mill was closed. Instead of the typical rooster tail of sawdust it was a little tainted.  Hit several mice nests with the headrig and one time a batch of flying squirrlels also some frozen wood duck eggs that had not hatched. Brought one into the mill office that was still intact. That was a friday afternoon. Left it on the desk. Remembered it first thing Monday morning just after I unlocked and opened the door and even before I flipped the lights on.  PHEW!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

I have sawn into a hollow in a log, and sawn a snake into 2 pieces, and laid out what wooda been the back straps, if it hadda had some  ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jason_WI

I remember a while back my dad sawing down a dead beach. I was hollow at the top. When the tree fell it broke in two near the top. A few seconds later a racoon came stumbling out of the hollow top of the log. He musta had one heck of a headach from that ride ;D :D :D

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

asy

YOu guys sure do have odd ways of making mince meat...

Don't they have meat grinder's over there?

I'm sure Norm'd have one ifn' ya'd ask...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!