iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LOCAL protest with neckties

Started by jim king, May 27, 2007, 01:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I thought this photo says it all from last weeks news paper.  It is a story about a local village protesting that Occidental Petroleum was here a few years ago.  Oxy has since sold out to a South American conglomerate but the group wants some more money.  Oxy built schools, hospitals , supplied jobs and helped balance the trade deficit but it is never enough.

The locals are dressed up in clothing they only wear for the tourists and all the Gringos really look a bit out of place but they for sure are wanting a commission for whatever they are trying to get out of the oil companies.  I can just see this group going 3 weeks by open river barge to actually see the oil production area. This is enviornmentalism at its finest and its even in English.ยด

You have to love these types, they have no shame in them.  I wonder if they noticed that the sewage from several million families goes into the Amazon untreated from one end to another ?

Don_Papenburg

I was thinking that Oxy got in a bit of trouble in the states back in the late 70s early 80s.  Might have been the oxy chem division.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Texas Ranger

Down there it could be the start of a neck tie party! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!