iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Logs For Mill!

Started by Andy White, May 14, 2013, 10:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Neighbor called this evening to say that the contractor that,s putting in his concrete drive had to cut three of his Pines, and asked me if I wanted them. I asked how large and he said about 18"dia. I told him yes, and he said good, because they already had them on my deck(driveway)!! Will not be back up till Thursday, but will take pictures. I may sell my Stihl, cause I haven,t cut a tree since I got my mill! The sawing will continue.              Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Tom the Sawyer

Andy,

I wouldn't sell your chainsaw just yet.  It'll come in handy when you max out your mill and need to clear a path for the guide rollers or shave one down to a manageable size.   smiley_thumbsup

You won't know just how big a log you can saw until you get one that's a little too big.   :-\
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

bedway

Friend of mine just dumped 18 spruce logs, some up to 26 inches in my landing. I think my grand kids and i are going to see how big a log my mill will handle. ;D

dboyt

So... you've got people just leaving logs off at your place to mill?  Wish I had that problem.  Around here, it's mostly stray dogs that get dumped out.  Good luck with the logs.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!