iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

busting my help's stones a little bit.

Started by BargeMonkey, March 11, 2014, 04:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Im having this 450C jack grapple trucked down in a little bit after I get home off the boat. Asked my help, wondering how many sliders to put on it, he figured 10. Im going to grab everyone I can find, figure if I can get 30-35 of them on, a solid line from the arch to the ground. Make him look 2x when he shows up for work in the morning...  8) 

loggah

Make sure your there before he heads for the woods,he may try to fill them !!!! ;D i seen as many a 16- 1/2" cable chokers on machines in smaller soft wood.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

lynde37avery

i run 4 slides "choker chains." bigger timber for me. i seen guys with up to 6 or 8 around here but 16? thats a lot of lines to untangle at the landing.
Detroit WHAT?

BargeMonkey

I have 5 on my 440D,  and had 8 behind the 405. Unless they are real big -24" and up, hook every slider youve got and go. My help, who's been putting out 1mmbft since highschool hooks from the bottom up, and on bigger stuff or pre bunched wood its the only way to go. Your never fighting the pile for a slider or wire, and with a drag behind you most of the time you can run wire off the skidder to the next bunch. Having a landing loader eliminates fighting 90% of the time unhooking.

Thank You Sponsors!