iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tunnel House

Started by Ernie, April 03, 2005, 10:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Has anyone any ideas about using a  plastic tunnel house for drying timber stacks?

Thanks

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Mtnjack

Ermnie i am doing that thing now as we speak. Have got to tunnel houses that i air dry in. One is being built over my outdoor heater for the drying of fire wood. The othe is for air drying lumber. Both are 44 feet by 14 and high enough for my skid steer to load each. The first one worked very good for air drying lumber good air flow no water and nice and bright inside. I am useing a cover from  a texas company cant find the name now but it is a white plastic with strings encapsulated in side, it is very strong and only cost about120.00 for each bldg. Mtn Jack

Ernie

Thanks MtnJack

How have you framed them?  Did you use plastic pipe?

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Mtnjack

No Ernie bought the hoops steel off of and old friend we used to grow or over winter seedlings in them .Hoops are in three pieces 2 3 foot spikes into ground 1 foot then the bow attaches like a tent peg to tthe tops another iron pipe runs down the middle to keep the purlins spaced. Will post pictures when i figger it out. good day Mtn Jack

Buzz-sawyer

Ernie
I had the same idea and found a do it yourself link for building one...I will dig it up :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ernie

Thanks guys

I look forward to the pics and the link.  It's starting to get cold and I might build one for the mill as well.

Ernie

raycon

http://www.by-the-sea.com/stimsonmarine/bowroof.html

These are pretty common in my area. Mine has seen 60 mph winds and 15" snow falls no issues yet. Takes a hour or so to mill all the material,a day or so to build and erect.
I've seen them as  wide as 16 feet or there abouts -- length can be to infinity and beyond.

Lot of stuff..

Ironwood

Great stuff, Thank you guys. REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

shopteacher

Here's a link to a company that sells everything you need and more.
http://www.farmtek.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&division=FarmTek
I was going to get one for Ole Butch, but he says it'll cramp his style. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Thank You Sponsors!