iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

648G3 engine temp

Started by CX3, November 27, 2013, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

Hey fellas I have a jd 648g3 with the 6068 engine. It seems that I can't work it hard enough by myself to get the engine temp up enough to get it to operating range. This really has an effect on how warm the heater gets inside the cab lol

How can I get this thing to operating temperature when it idles most of the time?  Thanks a lot
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

stumpjumper83

Have you changed the thermostat?  If the thermostat has stuck it might do that

beenthere

We used to partially cover the radiator to bring water temps up.  But the thermostat should be doing that for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kemper

Check to make sure the thermostat hasn't been taken out.

Quote from: CX3 on November 27, 2013, 11:32:24 AM
Hey fellas I have a jd 648g3 with the 6068 engine. It seems that I can't work it hard enough by myself to get the engine temp up enough to get it to operating range. This really has an effect on how warm the heater gets inside the cab lol

How can I get this thing to operating temperature when it idles most of the time?  Thanks a lot

kiko

I would check the water pump. They have plastic fins that are prone to erosion. I have seen this before with the same symptoms. The water pump has a gasket, if you remove it to check out pump go ahead and get the gasket so it won't leave you down if the pump is ok. The engine should reach temp whether it is idling or not as long as thermostat is good or installed, and pump circulating the coolant.

Kemper

Any news, I'm curious.
Quote from: CX3 on November 27, 2013, 11:32:24 AM

CX3

Thanks for the replies. I figured to try some things starting with the thermostat. If I could buy some time lol. I will let you know what I find out I'm gonna work on it next week
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

newstick

All the 6068t i havebbeen around were great at sticking the thermastat open.
Im am owner operator of Newberg Forest Products.We are a convental logging company with a Timbco feller buncher, two John Deere skidders , a strokeboom delimber, and a Serco log loader with circle slasher saw.
In the summer time my other company builds Handcrafted Log Homes. I love the woods!

barbender

Quote from: newstick on November 30, 2013, 10:03:12 PM
All the 6068t i havebbeen around were great at sticking the thermastat open.
That's better than sticking shut, I guess :) Newstick, are you working up on the Holmsrom Spur?
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!