iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pizza From Scratch

Started by Norm, September 18, 2011, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Try it Scott, but be aware that store bought will never satisfy again.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Burlkraft

This got my taste buds goin' for egg pizza today, but we are off to The Badger game and I'm sure a brat or 2 may be consumed.

That will probablly max out my daily dose of plant based foods  smiley_smug01
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Piston

Oh my god these pizza's look good! 

Norm, do you have the egg indoors?  Can't tell.  You may just convince me to buy one of those suckers  :D

My parents used to own a pizza place and I've always been thinking about getting their recipe to try it on my own.  I may just do that one of these days. 

Now that I'm starving, I'm gonna go eat some not-so-great work food.   Talk about a let down  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Norm

The eggs need to be outside Piston as they generate quite a bit of smoke starting up. I have seen them inside in a commercial setting but they have an industrial exhaust hood to deal with the smoke.

Now get over to your parents place and get those recipes!  :D

SwampDonkey

I will be making one here today. Today must be bread making day or something, I just finished up baking bread.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WildDog

You guys sure put together some nice pizzas. Our nearest town doesn't have much in the way of store bought pizzas so we go the home made route with instant yeast. Nicky makles the base and I put the toppings together. Tonights is triple smoked ham, mushroom, red capsicum, chorizo sausage, mix of cheeses, onion, garlic and pineapple.

The beer is dad's ;)

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

SwampDonkey

Can you send a slice of that over the internet?  I think the server would confiscate it though. :) 

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WildDog

QuoteCan you send a slice of that over the internet?

There's 2 slices left, when everyones gone to bed I will sneak a piece over to you, it never ceases to amaze me what this internet thing can do. :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Norm

LeeB

I was thinking the beer looked pretty good. Three more days and I can have one. WooHoo. 8)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 20, 2011, 05:13:36 AM
Can you send a slice of that over the internet?  I think the server would confiscate it though. :) 

I can guarantee it would! ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

And once again I find this thread after popping a Tostinos in the oven  :-\

aigheadish

I mentioned making pizza in the Watcha Makin' thread and it was suggested to make a new thread about pizza, apparently there are already several! 

Along with what I posted over there and @21incher posting his little pizza oven (I'd like to know more but it looks like I can just search for it), I also made a calzone a couple nights ago. I've made lots of calzones with frozen bread dough from the store but none with my own crust, that I recall. Turned out very well... There may be a mystery to my sudden interest in pizza making but further details may come when appropriate.

New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

21incher

We got the little oven at Costco on sale for $200.00 and decided to try it because I am too lazy to build aa wood fired one. Used a stone on my Weber kettle before that and had mixed results. This oven is not perfect but unce you get the time and temp down works OK.  The biggest problem is large bubbles in the crust must be pushed down to get the pie in the bottom and you must rotate the pie halfway in the bottom. Here was my initial tries with it but now we have a better dough that doesn't stick .
CAPTN COOK Salamander Grill Pizza Oven From COSTCO First Looks - YouTube
My wife keeps trying different doughs and now we use a hearty semolina dough that is not airy. The wind affects the times on it as we are in a windy area.

We also make a very simple calazone with spinach and sausage.  Here is an old video about them
Sausage And Spinach Calzones - YouTube
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

I make home made pizza a lot in the winter, usually Sundays. I also use a pizza sauce which is pretty much a home made one, only a store brand. No chemicals in it. And my canned mushrooms are Canadian grown, most canned mushrooms are Chinese. Peppers are my own, frozen. Onions are my own. Hamburger is local raised and I put a slice of pepperoni or diced sausage on it. ;D Hand grated Parmesan cheese off a wedge and mozzarella.

My mouth is watering. :D

Thank You Sponsors!