iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dat's it, I give up.

Started by chet, January 06, 2007, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I put da mill away for da winter a couple of months ago. Just too many things going on right now ta find time ta saw. But it ain't gonna work, no way, no how  whiteflag_smiley Tomorrow I'm gonna saw sumptin', not sure what  ???, but I'm gonna saw.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

farmerdoug

Lookout trees, poles, or anything wood for that matter.  ::) Sawdust withdrawls I assume. :o

Have fun Chet. 8) 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

SwampDonkey

Yer all done book learn'n for awhile I assume.  ;D :D :D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pasbuild

Or is the lack of snow gettin ta ya???
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

chet

:D  :D   Ya might be onta sumptin'. Who'd a thunk ya could get spring fever in da UP da very first week of January.   :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Burlkraft

Who da thunk you'd be able ta get ta da UP in da 1st week of  January  :D   :D   :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

.....without a dog team or a snowcat.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

I'll guarantee that if it turns cold now, we'll blame it on Chet.  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DWM II

We are worlds apart weather wise, but even we shouldnt be wearing shorts and tee's during January. Yesterday had a B-day party for my youngin and every body was complaining about the heat. Whats really bad is its hot and muddy >:( too messy to do anything.
Stewardship Counts!

sawguy21

DWM, I just clicked on your weather. 70 degrees and thunderstorms in January. Sheesh :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Whenever we get those late fall thunderstorms, it's a sign of a mild winter here. So far it's proven to be the case, but never dreamed it would be this mild.  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cedarman

It's been so wet here, that I regularly check between my toes for webbing.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

chet

Fired up da mill, made three passes and ran out of gas.  :-[  Made a trip ta town for gas, then proceeded ta lock myself out of da DanG pickup.  :'(  Dem electric door locks should be outlawed.
After a well deserved cup of coffee, I got back ta sawin'. Cut four real nice cherry logs then loaded up a 18' White Pine. Made er half way down on da first slab pass and "kerr-bang-pow-slap-slap-slap-slap, (no more drive belt)  ::) 
Not my best day sawin' by a long shot,  :D  :D  :D   But in spite of everything dat went wrong, it was a great day. I got ta make some sawdust again.  8)  8)  8)

Furby

Did ya push the truck home ???

Cedarman

Chet, glad you got to saw again.  I hate those self locking doors.  You get out, come back to the passenger door to put some stuff in and it is locked and you don't remember locking it.  Still doing it after 10 years, not remembering to unlock everything when I get out.

sawguy21

I removed the fuse for the self locking doors on our 90's Chevy trucks. Was concerned about access during an emergency plus the crews hated them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

PineNut

Have those self-locking doors on my 98 van and give it a chance and it will lock you out. Started the engine once with the door open and then got out to get something. The door swung shut and LOCKED. The vehicle sitting there with the engine running and locked. Fortunately my wife was inside at the time and could open the door. Noticed at a service station here that when the take a vehicle in for service, they open the window so they won't get locked out.

Cedarman

I've blown several fuses and a few gaskets walking around to unlock the passenger door. Time to find that fuse. :D :D

SwampDonkey

I've always carried a spare key in my wallet. These new Toyotas have a big key for a little wallet.  ::)

pigman

People thought I was just tight when I bought my plain Jane all manual truck. If I want the doors locked I just push the little knob down. I don't want the truck to decide if I want the doors locked, I may be simple minded, but I can decide if I want the doors locked. ::)

"Fortunately my wife was inside at the time and could open the door". PineNut, your wife is nicer than mine. Mine would have made me walk home to get the spare key. ;D
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

hiya

I've been thinking of running a wire from the door lock to a door bell button
at the grill on my wife's van and on my daughter's car. That way when they lock themselves out, they can just push the button.  ;D I've had to run too many times to unlock doors. btw I'm getting good at fishing keys with a fish tape. I think I use the tape for unlocking doors than I do for fishing wires ::).
Richard
RichardinMd.

PineNut

I have another Toyota and at times, it will decide on its own to set the alarm. While I have a regular key for this vehicle, you cannot turn the alarm off with it. If you don't have that great big monster of a key with all of the electronics in it, you have a pain trying to get the alarm off. After a while when the alarm gets tired, you can usually get it going. But everyone else in the parking lot knows just what is going on. And no, the cops are never called as everyone knows what it is. So what good is an alarm?

SwampDonkey

Some of you guys need to read your manuals. A lot of that fullishness can be turned off/programmed through your radio. My Alero had umpteen different ways to set the alarm and locks.

easymoney

some of the gadgets on the newer vehicles can be handy at times. like the electric door locks on a 4 door vehicle if you want to lock or unlock all the doors, if you forget where you park at the mall push a button on your remote and the car will honk its horna for you. some of them are down right silly tho, a fellow i was talking to the other day said the sun roof on his car opened while it was raining and he could not get it to close. the dealer said the computer was acting up . who needs a computer controlled sun roof? ;D

Jeff

At least he cant blame this one on me. We got locked out of it twice one weekend. Once with the truck parked in the carwash while we were power washing a chainsaw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!