iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maple crotch slabs

Started by darty, October 07, 2011, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darty

I finished cutting this maple crotch over the past few days. In the last two pictures I wet the wood to show the figure/grain.

WDH

So what are they destined for?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

32" is a wide cut, but it looks like I see bandsaw marks.  What did you slab them with? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

darty

WDH, they are destined for cash in my hand I hope! ;D I'll probably keep a couple and make a couple of coffee tables.

Magic, I cut them on an EZBoardwalk 40.

Okrafarmer

Good work. I like seeing these cuts. I have a hard time cutting crotch wood for some reason.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

5quarter

Darty...Great work. When you seal the ends of crotch slabs, seal the cut sides also, as they are end grain as well. It will reduce the mortality rate of your stock.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

mad murdock

Wow those are wide cuts!  I didn't think that the band mills could go that wide.  will be some nice table tops!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!