iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I noticed there are some pictures that are no longer visable. In particular, I was looking for one that was at the front of this thread. It was some kind of forwarder, and possible a harvester, with two axles on the front and two on the back. It was huge, just slightly larger than Rhode Island.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

Dave, do you have a reply # for the post the missing pics are in, or maybe a link to the posts ???

Dave Shepard

Furby, I went back through the first 12 pages and I found these: #24-Ron Scott, #94-Jeff, #174-Ron Scott. I think there might have been about a dozen throughout the entire thread. I know Jeff kept finding folders full of photos, didn't know if there were any more missing.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

#25 and #94 are off site links and serves as an example of what can happen if we allow them here.
They were used waaaaaaay back then, but we don't allow them now.
Basicly they are broken links.

#174 is a different issue.

If you right click on the red X and then click properties, it will tell you what the adress is for that item.
Try it on a forum pic and you'll get an idea of what it should look like.

SwampDonkey

Wow, holly Toledo. I was just looking at the number of posts in this thread. And Ron was worried way back that the thread would sink. Not in this crowd.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Timberjack Grapple Skidder. Taking "a break" at the landing of the total tree chipping operation. State timber harvest; 8/07.

~Ron

sawguy21

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 20, 2007, 07:45:55 AM
Wow, holly Toledo. I was just looking at the number of posts in this thread. And Ron was worried way back that the thread would sink. Not in this crowd.  ;D
Don't stop now Ron, this is one of my favourites. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

semologger

ron what size motor does that Timberjack have in it is it a 450? i have a 450 and it has a darn 453 detriot in it. it would never pull a bunch of wood with that size grapple.

Ron Scott

I don't know the specific size engines on these, but they will grapple a "bunch" of aspen tree lenghts in a pull with no problem.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Aspen "Tree Length Bunch". One of the grapple skidders will move the "bunch" to the landing for chipping. State timber harvest; 9/07.

~Ron

semologger

ron i have looked thru this forum alot. how do you get so many pitchures of equipment?
you have alot.

Ron Scott

I'm a consulting forester and usually take photos when I'm out administering  logging jobs, attending workshops, logging events etc.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Prentice 325 Delimber. Set up at the landing to delimb tree lengths prior to chipping. State timber harvest; 8/07.

~Ron

semologger

sawguy21

The last pictures could have been in the B.C. interior. Very typical, except for the Freightliner cab over with the sleeper but a lot of guys are hungry right now.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ron Scott

Trelan Chipper 233. The chipping unit for this chipping operation. State timber harvest; 8/07

~Ron

Ed_K

Finally got around to taking some pict's of a current job thats taken more than 2yrs to complete due to being very wet.
Foley lot 10/07. This was before cutting.

Then after, its not the exact same placing by 50 odd ft.

Here's the Taylor pulling a turn.

When we started this job 20mbf of beech were nice trees,2yrs later its all diseased.
Ed K

Ron Scott

Loaded Chip Van. Ready to leave the chipping area with a load of chips. State timber harvest; 8/07.

~Ron

thecfarm

That critters got some tires under it.Around here they just use a regular 2 axle trailer.I have seen some special trailer boxes that dip down in front of the tires.If I ever have a camera by one that is parked I will take a picture.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhog

I also noted the large amount of axles on that trailer, around here the max is 3, for a tri axle trailer with one having an airlift that you raise when empty
How do they make enough money to pay for the scuffed out tires on that thing when it is turning.

SwampDonkey

Use these chip vans around here. Built in town.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

The Service & Support Vehicle. An important unit for every logging job. State timber harvest; 8/07.

~Ron

Ron Scott

A "true" clear cut. This was primarily an over mature aspen stand. All trees were removed and chipped. State timber harvest; 9/07.

~Ron

Ron Scott

4510 Iron mule Forwarder. Parked on the harvest area with a load to be forwarded to the landing while the operator takes his lunch break. Sheffer timber harvest; 10/07.

~Ron

twobears

i love this post..  ;D i also like seeing how every other logger does things.

delbert

Thank You Sponsors!