iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please Be Smarter than Me!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 20, 2018, 09:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well I have a Vets appointment for this Monday ay 8:15 am.

The big knot on my belly is getting bigger it seems.
I'm having a little pain in my Gall Bladder area.

If I pick something up like a 1 x 6 x 10 Pine I'm fine.
If I try to pick up a 4x4x10 Pine I feel like my guts are coming out.
I can go to Walmart and I don't think anything is wrong with me.

I think something tore.
I'll update after I know something.
Y'all say a teeny tiny prayer for me that they DON'T have to open 1 of my stomachs up.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Southside

Ugg - I hope it goes well my friend. Keep us posted.  Of course your mention of going to Walmart and thinking nothing is wrong with you is not really a fair comparison.  I ALWAYS feel quite normal after a trip to our local Walmart.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

My Prayer is for your diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.  Please keep us updated.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Sounds like a rupture caused by the impact.  You get better quick. You owe me a pole dance. (Private joke)  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

samandothers

thecfarm

I go along with the three things that Magicman said. And if that Jeff guy is right you better get a good vet and have them open you up and fix the problem.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 08, 2018, 09:05:13 PM
Sounds like a rupture caused by the impact.  You get better quick. You owe me a pole dance. (Private joke)  :)
:D :D :D :D And I thought you didn't know.  :D :D :D :D

WDH

For some reason, I am just now seeing this thread.  Going to the Vet is the smart thing to do. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My appointment was for 8:15 but they didn't open until 12 because of ice on the roads,
Had an MRI done and I have a bruised Aorta and Liver.
Goong back for blood work for my liver next Week. 
The doc squeezed my knot on my belly and I almost passed out. Told me to keep an eye on it and if it didn't start getting smaller he would send me to a Surgeon.
Told me not to pick up anything heavier than a fork!
So that's it for now.
Thanks y'all 

DPatton

:o :o :o Yowzers! That's serious, you had better do what the vet says. Hope he didn't take ya off da purple drank too.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

LeeB

Glad you reported back in. I thought they may have sent you off to the BBQ pit. Sounds like this could be pretty serious. I hope it will sort itself out without surgery. I don't know how many times I've picked up a stick to stop the idle side wheel the as you did. I do beleive I'll be changing my ways in the future. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Thanks for the update even though it was alarming.  My Prayers will continue for you.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Ugg - that sounds like it was way too close for comfort.  Kirk got a spare vest you can wear around the house and mill?
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

ellmoe

Serious injury , glad it wasn't worse. Yield not to temptation , follow the docs instruction. Customer of mine had rotator cuff surgery on right shoulder , didn't listen to doc , kept working with it only days after. No problem. A few months later he had left shoulder repaired , did the same. Major mistake , now he has serious problem and is really out of commission. Use the little fork!
 Speedy recovery!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Andries

Yikes!
The aorta is a useful thing. About the size of a garden hose and not an optional assesory. And the liver is kinda useful too.
That Dang sticker came close to doing you a severe insult!
Good advice for you from all of the wise men that have posted.
I'm with Ellmoe,  limit yourself to the fondue fork for a good period of time.
Best wishes, and get well soon from Way Up Yonder.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on December 10, 2018, 10:00:38 PMTold me not to pick up anything heavier than a fork!

Wait!!!  How you supposed to eat grits?
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Sheesh, Goat! An aorta is kind of a big deal, not to mention a liver. Take care of yourself or the next Pig Roast may end up being a Goat Roast!
Too many irons in the fire

DPatton

Quote from: barbender on December 11, 2018, 01:32:51 PM
Sheesh, Goat! An aorta is kind of a big deal, not to mention a liver. Take care of yourself or the next Pig Roast may end up being a Goat Roast!
:D :D :D Note to Jeff, "Please Don't Change Next Years Menu", I will not be at the next pig roast if there is a goat in that hog cooker! ;D ;D ;D
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Jeff

Quote from: Southside logger on December 11, 2018, 10:40:14 AM
Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on December 10, 2018, 10:00:38 PMTold me not to pick up anything heavier than a fork!

Wait!!!  How you supposed to eat grits?
Like usual. With a straw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

YellowHammer

Well, I hope you get to feeling a little better.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Chuck White

Glad to hear you finally got checked out!

I'm wondering though, you can't pick up anything heavier than a fork, so does that mean you can't pick up a fork with food on it?    :o  ::)  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

caveman

Take the time to get better.  They call it a liver for a reason and I don't know why they call it an aorta but as Andries said, its not optional.  A lot of near death or painful life experiences eventually become funny stories - I look forward to hearing this one in detail.

By the way, I eat my grits with a fork.  Who wants runny grits?  
Caveman

Don P

I just figured it was a northern thing, a gritshake.
Hope you're on the mend, that was too close for comfort :o

stanwelch

Yikes, David. Ya got got beat up pretty good. whiteflag_smiley . Prayers for a quick recovery. Keep us posted. 
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Southside logger on December 11, 2018, 10:40:14 AM

Wait!!!  How you supposed to eat grits?
I have eat Grits through a straw and thats the truth.

Thank You Sponsors!