iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Enjoying my New Wood-Mizer

Started by richhiway, December 03, 2018, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richhiway

Enjoying the new Woodmizer. Great piece of equipment.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

The simple set is amazing. A time saver!
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

WV Sawmiller

Yep, I love my SS too. I'm attaching a copy of my cheat sheet I use so I land on my mark every time.

I open the first face, flip 180 and saw to the final width of the boards I will produce, flip 90 degrees, saw all the round off till I have completely square corners on the cant and flip 180 to the final face and start on whichever mark on my cheat sheet will give the boards I want. Save me an extra cut on almost every cant without leaving a thick or thin dog board too. Enjoy.

BTW - the cheat sheet allows/assumes 1/8" kerf so my SS setting for 1" boards is 1-1/8", 2" boards is 2-1/8", etc.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Brad_bb

Is this your first experience milling?  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Crossroads

Enjoy, it's the most work you'll ever enjoy
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

richhiway

I had a Logosol csm for a number of years. This is my first bandsaw. Sort of like a model T racing a top fuel dragster!
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

YellowHammer

Nice job and mill.  I can't see the gauge too clearly on the video but it looks like your blade tension is quite low, with the point of the needle at the 12 o'clock position?  Maybe not, I can't see it well. 

The blade tension is akin to the blood pressure of the mill, too low or too high, bad things happen, just right and it's magic.  

Have fun! 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

richhiway

I noticed you have to keep an eye on the tension. Thanks!
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

JamieK

Wood-Mizer LT70 full line, BMS250, BMT100, Moffet M5,Nyle L200M, Lucas mill model 7 with slabbing attachment and planer attachment, Logosol PH360, 2017 Ford F450 Platinum

Thank You Sponsors!