iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV Weekend in the Huron Mountains of Michigan!

Started by Jeff, April 30, 2007, 10:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We are planning a men's adult ATV weekend for the weekend of September 20, 21 and 22nd at Nailheads high camp in the Huron Mountains.  This is some of the most beautiful and remote part of Michigan there is. The colors that weekend should be tremendous in this sugar maple country, we well see hidden waterfalls and places not many other people get a chance to see, plus get to stay at a first place camp. It wont cost anything to stay at the camp, but space inside is limited and first come first serve, and we are asking you to RSVP, but camping is welcome as there is plenty of space.  More details as available and if you have questions let us know! 

It'll be a great time!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

So far we have:

Jeff B
Chet
Just Jim
Nailhead
Pasbuild
???

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

What's a bontified ATV in dat yooper country? ::) ???

I might gots me one if'n they're not too fussy....... ;D ;D ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

We'll have to check with nailhead and see if she will go down the trails.  :)

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Nope, you cant. Jill needs an ATV. Might as well get two so you can ride with her, then wasthere can borrow Jills and yerboth good ta go. ;D

Mooseherder

Man, I am working real hard to get the Moon, the Stars and the necessary approvals to line up for this one.  :D

BBTom

Are the trails a bit less.. uhhhh.. boring than the ones in LP.  Rode some of them and was bored silly.  Need to do a FF weekend at Hatfield McCoy in WV for some great riding. 

I am interested, but I think my getaway time will be all used up by then.  We are doing a Colorado trip in June, have a family reunion in July,  Pigroast in August.  Might be able to get away for a weekend in Sept. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff B on May 01, 2007, 06:42:53 PM
Nope, you cant. Jill needs an ATV. Might as well get two so you can ride with her, then wasthere can borrow Jills and yerboth good ta go. ;D

Jill needs a better job.... ;D ;D

Nailhead

Beenthere, that Gator is a nice looking rig, but It probably won't go where we are planning. In fact, I'm going to be leaving my Ranger at home because it is too wide. But you got plenty of time to go out and get you a 4 wheeler ;D
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

beenthere

Nailhead
;D  Yepper, I was teasin a bit der...... :)  Can't let 'ol Ally get scratched up, as the grandkids would not be happy.  Also, couldn't keep up wit ya all..... ;D ;D ;D

I'll work on an alternative, and it won't have any pink on it ......... ;D ;D

Sure sounds like a whole lotta fun der.  How about a little outline of what the schedule is going to be like?

It'll be two weeks after the Logging Congress in Escanaba and a week after our WWOA portable mill field day near Baraboo, WI. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

beenthere

Stumpy
You are a good straight man........ ;D

It's the Wisconsin Woodland Owners Association.

south central Wisconsin

Tom

I'm sure glad you cleared that up.  I was thinking it was  the Wood Workers Of America, or, Wassau Women's Oversight Association or Which Way Over or Around, or...... ??? :D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

Nailhead

Really not sure what the schedule is, Pasbuild and I are going to go on a scouting mission and come up with some kind of plan. We want to fit as much as possible into those couple of day's. We'll let you know more later 8)

Burlkraft

If yer goin' with THEE BOB then ya better plan a bunch of extra time.....He's pretty easily distracted..... :D :D :D

Jeff

pigman

Well shucks. :(   If beenthere's  alliGator is too wide, my mule would probably be too tall for the trails. The mule is a young thing and has not been off the farm since I got him last year so maybe it would be better if I didn't take him for a long ride for his first trip away from home.  ;)  I have an ATV, an old Polaris, that is fast and narrow, but I would need some good mechanics to keep it going .  I guess I will just have to skip this fun outting. :'(

Bob  -not  Thee Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Plannin to make it in September.  This followed me home tother day, and hasn't left yet.  ;D

It's 12" narrower than the alliGator.  I'm hopin it's allowed on the Yooper trails.  Thanks to PawNature for the good word and info he shared from his.
south central Wisconsin

Corley5

Jeff

Thats a beaut but I sure hope Greg has got one thats farmall red to counter all that green and yeller... ;)

Nailhead

good looking ride there beenthere.
What size engine you'all got in there?

Corley5

I'm beginning to think my little 250 Honda might not be adequate  ;) ;D :)

Thank You Sponsors!