iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

taco 007 gasket

Started by trapper, October 06, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

I need to remove the pump on my classic to replace the impeller cartridge.  I need a place to buy the flange gaskets.  They come with a new pump but menards where I buy my pumps and cartridges does not carry the flange gasket.  Also any one replace the taco with another brand pump that uses the same flange as the taco?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

trapper
Are these the gaskets you need?
gasket
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

trapper

Yes and cheaper than grainger.  pump is $40 cheaper than menards.  Thanks
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WmFritz

I've done a lot of business with that company the last few years. Between Pex Supply and Pex Universe, maybe $5000.00 spent. Both great companies to deal with. I didn't realize until BT's link that Pex Supply changed names.I'm not sure, but I think the flanges are universal.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Holmes

The flanges are universal. A flat gasket can be used in place of the round gaskets but it would be better to use the correct gasket.  The circulators are the same height 007, B&G, Grunfos,  you can get the motor mounted in line with the flange or perpendicular to the flange. You do need to clean the old gasket out of the groove it sits in.
Think like a farmer.

Ivan49

Why don't you replace the motor cartiage? I have been told the when you remove the pump out of the line the lines shrink and you cannot get back together

LittleJohn

It is generally easier to just replace the pump head/cartridge and leave the volute in place, cause once you break the seal between the flanges, it is best to replace the gasket, as it has probably taken set and will not seal back up once reinstalled.  Also its generally not that fun to get all the fasteners back into place and retighten everythign back down

Plus replacements are so cheap :
http://www.menards.com/main/heating-cooling/hydronic-radiant-heat/system-components/hydro-smart-universal-pump-flange-gaskets/p-1469424.htm

I don't know about pipes shrinking, but generally the less stuff you have to take apart to fix something the better, may also apply to automobile fixes

petefrom bearswamp

Holmes is correct.
Just bought a B&G to replace my shot Grundfos today will install in the AM
Havent had any probs with the flanges.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

trapper

I did replace the cartridge in my spare pump.  Much easier to pull and reinstall the pump than to get the back screws back in on the cartridge housing while in the furnace.  The pex did get shorter but had no problem reinstalling pump.

WmFritz

Trapper, I'm curious on your underground line size. Your head size must be on the smaller end. Are your runs that short or is your tubing diameter 1 1/4" or larger. It's nice running that low watt 007.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

trapper

1 inch pex underground  1 inch copper in house.  That is what came in the package from dealer.  CB dealer installed furnace, side arm on water heater and heat exchanger in indoor gas furnace.  I since extended the copper arround the basement, put in a kickspace heater in one bathroom and baseboard in the other.  I think the exchanger in gas furnace is too small or installed wrong as kickspace heater at the end of the line puts out a lot more heat for its size than the exchanger in furnace. Havn't checked with a thermometer but with my hand cant feel the difference in temperature in water coming in house and going out so I think water volume is enough.  That is how I know the cartridge in pump needs replacing.  I can feel the difference in tempeture with my hand.  Total length of loop is about 200 feet.

whitepine2

Buy some Indian red gasket material then trace the flange and cut
out with large scissors then with a gasket punch put the holes in all
done. A gasket punch can be made by grinding pipe to size use pipe nearest the hole size grind to sharp end to cut gasket. I made 20 some for far less than cost of buying,always make more than needed
and have them on hand when needed.

petefrom bearswamp

In my ignorance what is the pump cartridge?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

garret

A 200' loop of all 1" pex at 180 F, 20 F differential, no fittings and 7.5 gal/min is already at 14.1 ft of head.  And that is only 75,000 btu/hour.  A Taco 007 specs out at 8.5 ft max head; may not be enough pump to begin with.  If there is a considerable length of 1" copper in circuit, then perhaps OK.  Isolation flanges are nice option to consider as well.
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!