iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Elk 2018/2019

Started by Magicman, June 05, 2018, 10:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on October 24, 2018, 09:24:46 PM
I'd like to go just to eat. :D
Everything always taste better at camp.  food6
Looks like that is all that I can report on.

Roast beef, rice & gravy, and green beans.  Of course there are always cookies and peaches or pears.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Gosh I love it out west. One of these times I'm out there, I'm just going to stay put! Looks like you two are having a good time, as it should be MM!👍
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

I can assure you that going hunting with the Magicman and just eating is well worth the ticket. Anything more is more than gravy, because of course, there's going to be gravy anyhow. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

The gravy is a given😁
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

All good things must end so according to our plan we made a short hunt this morning and then loaded up for our trip home.  Marty does still have a real job.

Every one of our expectations were met.  No, no Elk but that was never an expectation.  We have spent nearly two weeks together, driving, riding, climbing, laughing, cooking, eating, and sometimes just lost in our own thoughts.  I showed him where my late Brother and I camped in 1983 and enjoyed time together.  Yes and we are making plans for our next trip.  

Thank You Marty for making this trip the success that it was.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bags

Glad you fellas had a good time run'in around the west Lynn--- I think you probably wore Marty out--- ya gotta take care of them young'in's. lol.

rjwoelk

Good to hear you had quality  time together.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Bruno of NH

Im glad you and Marty spent quality time together ☺
It's priceless 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Lko67

thecfarm

I have heard of very few bad hunting trips. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We got home safely last night.  I still have a few pictures to post and then there is that video.   :o   :D

samandothers

Glad to hear it was a safe round trip!

Texas Ranger

Magic, successful trip may not bring home game, I remember most of the trips I took with my dad and granddad, fishing and hunting,  we may not have killed or caught the big one, but there will never be another time like those, long gone and the land has changed.  We used to hunt up around Silverton, went back 25 years later and it was all condos. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

A few more pictures:

An early morning picture showing the full color Quakies plus the full moon that is the very opposite of what hunters want to see.  :-\

We were at about 9500' here and the mountain in the background is in New Mexico.

Full color Quakies along the roadside.

I obviously need to take my sawmill instead of a rifle because this trophy needed sawing instead of being shot.  I am leaning against it so it's size is no illusion.

One of several fill ups while traveling.

This bowl of Shrimp Gumbo was waiting for me when I got home but I had eaten half of it before I took a picture.  food6

Disclaimer:  No animals were injured during the making of this video.  The camera stays relatively level but notice how much the 4-Wheeler rocks on the rocks.  (Turn your volume up to max.)

DKCC6899 - YouTube

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

If the G2's on the buck on the left had forked in proportion he would have been near B&C.

Marty's 2019 Elk application has been submitted.  If he draws I will start an Elk 2019 topic to detail our activities.  :)

petefrom bearswamp

Hope it works out for you and Marty, Magicman
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on March 28, 2019, 07:03:54 PMMarty's 2019 Elk application has been submitted. If he draws I will start an Elk 2019 topic to detail our activities.

Marty was unsuccessful with his Elk draw this year (Preference Point only) so it looks like this will be a "stay home" year for us.

He may opt for another Unit 1st season hunt next year and get out of the PP chase as I have done. We probably can alternate years and hunt 1st season each year.

petefrom bearswamp

Hope he is successful next year.
Look forward to Thread Elk 2020
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ron Scott

Son Todd harvested this elk last Thursday west of Bosman, Montana. 300 yard shot, hunting by himself.

~Ron

Magicman

Congrats to Todd on a very nice 6X6 Bull.  8) Those bez points are very unusual, probably genetics.  

Gotta get this knee fixed because Marty and I most certainly will be in Colorado next October.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!