iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

50,000 BTU HYDRONIC HOT WATER HANGING UNIT HEATER - SINGLE SPEED FAN

Started by adamant, November 16, 2015, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamant

How large of a well insulated room would a  50k btu air heater heat up?
central boiler 6048
son's off to collage and he was replaced with a timber wolf tw 5

Raider Bill

I guess it would depend on a bunch of things including location and outside temps.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

adamant
Click your forum name and you will go where you can update your profile with your location.. helps a lot with your questions and a bit about you....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

r.man

In central Ontario a modest older bungalow with a basement and 2 or 3 bedrooms would have an 80 K btu furnace and do well in -30 C.  I expect a 50 K unit heater would blister the paint on an uninsulated office if you left it on for an extended period of time.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Holmes

A WELL insulated room, ball park figure 25btu's per square foot. 2000 sq.ft. with feet 8 foot ceiling. A garage, 50 btu's per sq ft.
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

Like this unit???

This is a 86,000 BTU unit. I heat my 30X60 foot basement easy.I had trouble with the upstairs circulator and I just turned the thermometer up to about 80 in the basement and kept us nice and warm. I had a variable speed control put on the fan. It's right under the kitchen and we did not want to hear the fan run. Variable speed works good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

adamant

central boiler 6048
son's off to collage and he was replaced with a timber wolf tw 5

Thank You Sponsors!