iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shed for mill

Started by cpm, February 26, 2004, 05:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpm

I'm gettin ready to build a shed for my mill and would sure like to hear ideas, do and and don't, and "now that I've built it I wish I'd done it this ways ??? ???" from others.

My shop is in a 24 x 30 barn and I'm considerin a lean to type shed off the side for the mill. The mill is an LT 15 with elecric motor. Length is about 20'. Mobility is not that important to me  as for the most part the mill will be stayin put.

I've only been milling on weekends for a couple months now but have found out that slabs, sawdust and even lumber ;D accumulates quick. I would like to handle material as few times as possible.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions or experiences.
Thanks. cpm :D :D

redpowerd

when i build my shed im gunna make sure i got a sawdust conveyor draggin thru the back, with doors on each end for slabs and off-bear. two sliding doors on the front, and enough room to pile logs for a day or so and various other junk.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

bull

CPM    My barn is 24x30 I had an LT 15 and added on a leantoo it worked great although the ceiling was not high enough the water jug hit the rafters @ 6'3 had to make a notch
the addition was 12x30 and the outside low wall was 6 foot
I would go 16 feet wide and make the outside wall 8 foot and you wont go wrong. Be sure and pour a cement slab..

I now have an LT 40 super and have been out in the weather for 2 winters, this summer I adding on to the back of the barn
18x36 with 12' walls. Its great to get in out of the foul weather.

Thank You Sponsors!