iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where BBQ is a noun

Started by SawyerTed, March 04, 2018, 11:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

Not starting a BBQ war.  Just sharing one of the things I love to do.

We love our whole hog pig pickin's with the pig roasted over hardwood coals.    I usually start with hickory or pecan and finish with oak after the pig is wrapped.  

This one wasn't quite big enough to feed the whole party so I supplemented with a few butts. Some folks like chopped pork so we chop the butts and let other guests pull their pork from the pig.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Texas Ranger

Where is the tomato based sauce?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SawyerTed

Texas Ranger, actually I use a vinegar/tomato based sauce of my own making.  But we allow the individual to sauce their own plate to taste.  I just don't add sauce to the roasting pig.  The way I cook, the meat rarely turns out dry and some eat it without sauce.  It does have a rub on it.

Just in NC we have at least a couple of variations on sauce - more tomato-based sauce in the west and more vinegar based in the east.  Our BBQ brethren in SC use a mustard based sauce.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

If I leave now,will I make it time for the next BBQ? ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scsmith42

Man, I could have been there in a couple of hours with more notice  :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!