iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sick idle - what s wrong

Started by Fulcrum156, November 25, 2017, 12:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulcrum156

Hi,
in this link/video you can hear how does idle behave on a chainsaw of mine. In this video I am not touching the gas. I haven't figured out yet if it depends no the quantity of gasoline in the tank. Sometimes really it goes crazy... What could be the cause of this problem?

Note from Admin, photos must be in gallery
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

johnny newburgh

Was not able to look at your link. But as others on chat suggest start with the basics clean air filter,drain fuel tank and put in fresh fuel mix, check spark plug. If that does not help remove carburetor and rebuild. Has any one messed around with adjustment screws? There is a ton of videos on youtube that you can learn a lot from. Also think if it surges it would be associated with an air leak?

sawguy21

What johnny said. Carefully check your impuls and fuel lines.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Fulcrum156

Where can I upload a movie??? I mean, the gallery doesnt accept that file format.
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Ianab

Quote from: Fulcrum156 on November 26, 2017, 03:54:14 AM
Where can I upload a movie??? I mean, the gallery doesnt accept that file format.

Upload to youtube and post a link is the recommended method.  Images need to be on the FF servers, but video files are too big, the that can be hosted on another site.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Mountain_d

I did not watch the video but if I have an erratic idle I check the following in order of priority; good fresh gas, loose carb mounts / gasket, replace fuel line, replace crank seals (clutch side first as it is easier then retest before doing magneto side). Mountain. 
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

Thank You Sponsors!