iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TSMI guides

Started by jclvsall, April 22, 2018, 05:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclvsall

Has anyone of FF had any contact with Tri Star Metals?  They make what they call ramjet guides.

I was refered to them this week by a friend.  I had never heard of them so I was a tad skeptical.  

I called Ed at Tri Star yesterday and he proved to be very knowlegeable about many different sawmills and resaws.  

I have done extensive research regarding guides and Ed was right there with me on my questions and queries.

Just curious if anyone has seen these guides in operation.  

His guides are patented quite a few years ago so they habe been around.  

TRI STAR METALS Incorporated Custom Builders of Industrial Saw Guides

Brian
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.  Ben Franklin

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have not heard of this company but I did look at their website you posted.
I looked up their clade guides to fit my miil.
Their price is identical to the Woodmizer part. $750.

Thanks for posting. they do have a good website.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

dkeyser

I work for a sawmill and we bought a set of these in January for a 2 head baker. We have run about 200K board feet through it and the guide hasn't worn out yet :). The ram jet portion works great to remove sawdust during the winter and summer. It uses a lot of air to get them clean in the winter (but well worth it), the summer is not too bad for air use since you turn it way down. The way the guide is held on is not too great, there are two screws that go through the guide and wear down as the guide wears. The issue is once they wear to a point you cannot re-tighten them as the head is worn. Let me know if you want pictures.

Thank You Sponsors!