Started by Texas Ranger, May 15, 2009, 04:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Radar67

Well, it's a leaf, and like DanG, it's notsweetgum.  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

dchiapin

looks like Morus rubra, Red Mulberry

woodtroll

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

too good, and too easy, I was teasing some of the dendrologists here, and utterly failed.

But, it does show how some trees have different shaped leaves in different parts of the crown, remember the one Asy got last year?  Same tree.

SwampDonkey

;D

They was all over at About.com Tex. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

DanG

I'm gonna claim that I thought "Mulberry" as soon as I saw that pic, but since it had already been identified several times, it is a moot point.  A point that is not moot, however, is that it is a very interesting leaf.  While Mulberry is noted for varying leaf forms, this particular one is unique and exquisite.  It reminds me of a cluster of Taj Mahals. :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

It reminded me of burger king.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don K

Ah, the requisite food entry to properly christen every thread.  ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

SwampDonkey

You fellas must be real hungry.  :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Not especially, but what has hungry got to do with wanting to eat? ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

America's favorite pass time, eh? :D

metalspinner

The topic changed to food in the second response. ;D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!