iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to tell whats inside

Started by rjwoelk, July 06, 2018, 10:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtime lurker

Quote from: mike_belben on July 09, 2018, 07:52:42 AM
Compulsory meaning you must buy certain logs?

(Id love to have logs that straight and long for roundwood framing actually)
Compulsory meaning that they meet the minimum grade requirement set by the state for a sawlog off state land, so you have to pay for them whether you take them home or not. (sometimes I'll pay the stumpage and leave them there because i dont think they'll pay their freight and its better a small hiding in the bush then a big one in the mill yard)
Yeah, theres some nice sticks in them...  touch short to make (utility) poles for the most part but nice and straight and the only real defect is the pipe and... you just learn to saw around it, or box it out. Better the they look in the first pic too - lack of scale makes it hard to evaluate the amount of meat around some of those pipes because of the length.

NMP that one, but from the same place. I'm off to play loggers up there tomorrow.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Peter Drouin

Got trees,  longtime lurker. nice. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

mike_belben

Got tires and brake chambers?  God id hate to maintain that rig.  Thankfully the states does not allow turnpike doubles to haul logs.  The roads have been treacherous enough already since the nokia 5190 came out. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!