iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Earth Day

Started by bigtrees, April 22, 2019, 11:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtrees

What are you doing for Earth Day this year?

Well, I bought some Ortho Weed-B-Gone and will be spraying my lawn tonight to get rid of dandelions and other annoying weeds. Sprayed Moss Out for Lawns on it yesterday to kill off the moss growing in the lawn.

OK, I am not really a fan of Earth Day. Conservation yes. Environmentalism, no.

lxskllr

I need to make my grass shorter cause I clearly have nothing better to do than drive around the yard making grass shorter  :^S

The dandelions are looking decent this year, and the fleabane is starting to poke up. I mow around them til I get tired of it, or they quit blooming. My clump of queen anne's lace will be later this year. I mow around that too.

Texas Ranger

I beat Danny to it:  Every day is Earth Day for a Forester!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

I thought you were going to say, "Its Earth Day, go cut a tree down!" ;) :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

I take care of Earth every day. As I drive to work in my gas powered truck. :) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mitchstockdale

I was working at the mill the other day, had the mill running, tractor running and chainsaw running all at the same time while standing next to a pile of dead tree carcasses....i'm sure this would have given an earth day do good'er a heart attack.  And the federal government here in Canada has just obliged us fine, hard working, Canadians with a 5cent per liter carbon tax that is do to increase 150% over the next 3 years. Finally I can stop feeling guilty for burning all that fuel   ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!