iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

After the sanity check!

Started by Satamax, August 16, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

What did the pictured case weigh?  Could the center output be placed in neutral and the other outputs engaged?
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on September 24, 2018, 07:41:09 AM
What did the pictured case weigh?  Could the center output be placed in neutral and the other outputs engaged?
About 50 kilos Yep, it's three independent PTOs. It's meant to be mounted on the shaft going to the rear wheels. If you need the vehicule to be static, with the pump, and other PTO to be running, , you declutch the main shaft. And use the other two. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

Ahh.. Now i get it. Thanks for the info max
Praise The Lord

Satamax

So, a decision has been made! That gonna be a nasty job of removing the teeth of that conical pinion. 

mike_belben

do you have a grinder that can be mounted to your lathe toolpost?  

whats your plan for ensuring it welds square and doesnt crack afterwards?  
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Well. I will grind the teeth first.  Not on the lathe. That's forbiden  ;D

I will make a centering cylinder with what's left of the gear. Which will be the same diameter as the inner splines of the sleeve. 

And a shelf with the bottom part of the gear. Onto which the sleeve will be welded with 312-16. 

I think i will do several passes, And turn the weld clean. Tho. I have room. 

mike_belben

You have experience with preheat and post heat for high carbon alloys right?
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on September 25, 2018, 06:09:35 PM
You have experience with preheat and post heat for high carbon alloys right?
You mean, like for welding cast iron? 

mike_belben

Yeah basically.  That pinion is likely to be a 4140, 4130 or 8620 etc.  Stuff with significant carbon that will play nicer if you warm it up and cool it down slowly.  If its hard enough to mesh with other steel under load, its hard enough to crack from welding.  
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Guys, i got this. 

Do you think i bother using a rotator?  For a skidding grapple, or i juste make a neutral link, which return to perpendicular to the arm with weight. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

I'm a scrounger! :D 

But looking at what he does at 3.20 here, i guess i need one. 

Grapple Skidder CAT 525C - YouTube

And without one, i won't be able to take a tree across. Unlike this. 

Grapple trabajando - YouTube

Satamax

Well, vague progress have been made. 

Satamax

And i have goten a new baby as a spare part bank. 

Only problems is, i have already sold it minus the few parts i needed straight away.  And i can't keep the wheels! :(

Satamax

Satamax

mike_belben

What was on the back before, a power unit?
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on July 21, 2019, 11:58:41 PM
What was on the back before, a power unit?
Yes Mike, a 11 liter v8. Now, i have managed to make the pto. I have dismantled the winch frame and agricultural pto from the other latil. And i'm trying to fit all the stuff on mine. 

Satamax

Trying to fit the thing. 

The original winch has only  four anchoring  points underneath.  This carco has prety much the same. Two l shape brackets at the front casting. Two  3/4 or a smidge bigger bolts, in the casting. 

Do you guys think it is enough. I would rather not weld a backplate if i can avoid it.  ;D
many other questions. 

Do you think i should keep the pivoting boat anchor at the back?

Or make a log basket ? 

Can the log basket be made with single acting cylinders? The weight lowering it, and the cylinders raising it? I already have most of the gear for this. 

How much angle can the cable do with the roller fairlead.  

Well. Thanks a lot guys. 

Satamax

nativewolf

I'm also interested to hear peoples opinion on the fairlead cable angle.  Always nice to see the progress on your project.  
Liking Walnut

Satamax

Thanks a lot  nativewolf. 

Well, i'm searching High and low for answers on the fixing of the winch.  On torque numbers to décide which chain i should use. 

mike_belben

Four 3/4 bolts will pick a house.  

The cable should go over as large a radius as you can manage.  
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Thank You Sponsors!