iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Landscaper series shoes

Started by whitepe, October 06, 2011, 04:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepe

I haven't taken the time to search the forum but does anyone have any of the new Stihl Landscaper series shoes? They call them lawn grips.   They aren't chain saw boots so not to be used for that purpose of course. I bought a pair for using while doing
lawn work and other fixit type outdoor work. They are steel toed so great to wear when I run my log splitter in case I drop a piece of firewood.    I love mine.  Just wondered if anyone else had them and what they thought about them.
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Raider Bill

I've never heard of them. Wonder if they come in 15-EEEE?
I've been breaking in a new pair of work boots myself. It's been brutal :'( :'(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

You wanting to try and get big foot to wear shoes  smiley_headscratch
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 06, 2011, 05:47:39 PM
Wonder if they come in 15-EEEE?

Well, ya shouldn't have any trouble standing up.  That's a large foundation.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

I have been wanting a pair of those for climbing...but they are bloody pricy...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Raider Bill

Quote from: zopi on October 06, 2011, 08:17:06 PM
I have been wanting a pair of those for climbing...but they are bloody pricy...

They sure are! I paid extra for the custom fit as my 2 feet are very differnt sizes width wise due to a accident. I am very impressed with the materials and workmanship but not so impressed with the fit espessically on my right foot. Per Wesco I have soaked them in warm water then worn them dry 3 times, still got blisters. Everyone else I know that has Wescos love then and say it will be well worth it in the end so I keep on keeping on. I'm thinking I will have to have a Cobbler stretch them a bit.

One of the greatest joys in life would be to walk into a shoe store and buy off the shelf shoes that fit..... Unfortunatly, most stop at 13-14.

All great monuments need a big foundation 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!