iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help!!!  Pull cord repair?

Started by farmhand, August 13, 2004, 07:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhand

:o :o The pull cord on my Husky 395xp pulled out and would not go back in.  I took the thing apart and the spring went :o BONG  ::)  

Can anyone tell me how to get it back in with out taking it to the shop?
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Kevin

The spring goes on clockwise.
The rope is put on the pulley clockwise.
Take two turns to put tension on the spring.

farmhand

Thanks Kevin,  but that much I figured out.  ;D  

The problems is getting the spring back in.  It is to strong, once I wind it by hand, to hold and get back in.   :-/

I have tried to wind it in the holder, but it keeps coming out before I can get it all back in.  ???
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

DanManofStihl

Lol I have been trying to get the spring to go back into my water pump this morning I was just about to ask you guys if their was some trick this one is worse then any others I have tryed to put back in and I dont know who made the pump so I am afraid of braking it.
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

Oregon_Rob

On the 395. If you haven't alread put the spring back in, make sure to clean it real good and apply a light coat of oil. Then just keep working at it. The first time is the hardest, took me like an hour and boy was my hand sore, but it gets easier. Just keep at it and get someone to give you a hand if needed. :)
Chainsaw Nerd

Stephen_Wiley

Farmhand,

Try rolling using a vice or clamp (if you have no one's assistance). When the spring is tight enough use tape to hold it while installing it into the housing. Then remove tape.

Have you fixed it ?
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

DanManofStihl

What I did this morning to get my recoil start back in their I rolled it up by hand had a neele nose pair of vice grips clamp it put it back in their and got a piece of fishing line and rapped it around their twice after I got the pull starte rope back in their and pulled it out used the vice grips to clamp it so I could put the fishing line back in the pull starter handle pulled it through tied it and it worked great greased and and put it back on their took me like twenty minutes and I did not take it to the shop have the pump out their pumping pool water out right now so It wont over flow if we get rain from those hurricanes in flordia.

Dean Hylton

This is how we do it in the shop guys. ( I work for a Husqvarna dealer in town)  Pound 2 nails in the bench about 3/8" apart and about 1/2" high and clip the heads.put the center of the coil over the first nail  so as you are winding it up, the coil ends up going between the 2 nails.  I have actually gotten to the point where I can hold in my hands and do it.  My thumbs end up sore and cramped though.  When you are using the nail trick keep your hand over the top with a little down presure to keep it from popping out.  If you take it to a shop it is usually a half hour labor.  good luck man

DanManofStihl

Wow sound like a good idea never thought of that I usually use vice grips and my tied thumbs I had to do something my dealer charges 50 per hour to fix my stuff and that is his Minium fee they are very over priced.

Thank You Sponsors!