iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In need of new front tractor tires

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, December 05, 2016, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

I need new front tires for my tractor. 9.5-16 size. I have ag's on it now. I'd like the same or a forestry style tire if they make one that size? Any leads on a good price/deal?

Gearbox

Shop a bit the prices I have seen on Bobcat tires are all over the place . I have bought 3 and 4 rib ag tires at Fleet Farm for a good price .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

leeroyjd

I cannot find his number but try finding "Tire Fighter" from Plainfield,CT.
He is mobile and very reasonable.

Ed_K

I replaced the front tires on the Landini with backhoe tires, their 12 ply so I don't have to worry about puntures as much on the skid rds. I buy all my tire needs from Pete's tire in West Chesterfield, N.H.
Ed K

Autocar

Google Tire Liners theres a company just northeast of me that makes liners that go inside of the tire giving it more protection.
Bill

bill m

I have Titan tires ( 9.5 x 16 R1 ) on my tractor and they have held up very well. Ken Jones Tire in Worcester or Pete's Tire Barn both have them.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Oliver05262

Check with Pete's Tire Barn. We deal with Northampton. Excellent prices and service.
BKT tires seem to be tough and not too pricy. Heavy ply rating is an excellent way to go.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

DeerMeadowFarm

I found some Carlisle ag tires. 6 ply.... $163 each.

Ed_K

6 ply ag tires are going to end up giving you headaches, the side walls are to thin. After 2 flats from just brushing along the side of a top and slicing the sidewall I gave up and bought the backhoe tires.
Oliver, there's 4 pete's tire barns up in Vt. Montpelier-Whiteriver-Rutland and New Haven, they all should be same price as Northhampton or real close to the MA. prices. I buy from West chesterfield N.H. just across from exit 3 in brattleboro Vt. no sales tax. They have excellent service also. Wally Herzig is the manager there,he'll go out of his way to get me back up and going on skidder tire repairs.
Ed K

DeerMeadowFarm

I have 6 ply tires now and they've held up (sound of me knocking on wood as I type this). I did manage to find some 8 ply in my size but they were more than double the price. I hay with this tractor in the summer so an ag tire is kind of what I needed. We'll see I guess! Thanks for the help!

Thank You Sponsors!