iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dual Blade Edger

Started by DrDialtone, September 12, 2012, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrDialtone

Does anyone have a gently used Edger they aren't using much these days? We are looking to upgrade from our single blade.

sandhills

You might try placing this in the "wanted" section, welcome to the forum DrDialtone.

Kansas

I wouldn't worry about the gently used. They seem to have a lot less upkeep than a mill. We used a Talon one for years. We have Morgan that we used pretty heavy, although now its just around the kiln area and used sparingly. We have one who's name escapes me and will shoot a board through fast enough you can't get around the edger fast enough. And giving credit where credit is due, The logmaster gang rip edger has run every, all day, for at least 8 years. Almost no maintenance on any of them. I think I would shy away from some of the real old ones. If for no other reason than safety. I am sure wood-mizer has a fine one. They just don't have that much for moving parts, except maybe some sort of big one. I would keep your eye out in the trade magazines, put a want ad on here, do a wide area search on craigslist. See if woodmizer has any used ones listed. You won't need a  monster one if your running a portable type mill.

Thank You Sponsors!