iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CRD / SAWMILL TOOL

Started by moodnacreek, August 18, 2019, 09:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodnacreek

Rumor has it CRD , firewood processor giant, same outfit that ruined Sawmill tool, bit the dust. What have you heard?

Corley5

Their website is still up and doesn't mention it.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

moodnacreek

Just a rumor but no-seeum at Booneville and in the Lumbermen.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

moodnacreek

Sawmill tool and service was a shop in N. Vermont that hammered saws and sold supplies for the circle sawmill. The owner invented the Dexter file guide and the speed wrench that Simonds now owns. This shop had branched off of Mill supply [Orange Mass.] that was Chase turbine, a noted sawmill builder for generations.  This wound up in the wrong hands and closed.

barbender

Got it. I hate it when stuff gets bought up and either shut down, or ruined.
Too many irons in the fire

GRANITEstateMP

Any word on if they closed or not?  Just wondering?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Gito372xp

I'm looking at a used CRD processor to purchase, but the guy has no title or certificate of origin... Is this normal? Tried calling CRD and only get full voice mailboxes. Last fall I spoke with Patrick ( sales @ CRD) and he was very helpful. The name on the voicemail is different now and even parts won't answer.

shamusturbo

There should be a typical trailer title. They use Kaufman brand trailer frames. I have a 2015. That is why the machine is attached to the trailer with U-bolts, so that it isn't a permanent fixture (part of the trailer).

I don't want to speculate too hard but I believe they have closed. Patrick is doing small business promotion type work.

My brother and I wanted to buy a new/demo machine at the Northeast Forest Products Expo (NEFPE)(2011) in Bangor Maine and Patrick or Chris Duval (the owner) paid us no mind.

The machine is pretty rudimentary. I'm certain all the parts could be had elsewhere with the major exception of the wedges. I have broken a couple sets. Luckily I am a welder and have a couple sets (4,6,8,12, and 16 way wedge) to choose from.

We bought the original "green monster" second hand and now own a CRD loco 20 second hand. Message me if you have any other questions. If you can navigate my previous comments, I have made a few different comments on the machine.  
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

Rougespear

I emailed them a few weeks back wondering if I could purchase a hyd cutoff saw and motor unit from them from my processor build (after seeing others here on the forum had done the same)... never did here back from them.  As of today, their website is still up and running.  Either they're so backed up with orders they can't reply to inquiries or attrition is setting in.
Custom built Cook's-style hydraulic bandmill.

Roscoe294

shamusturbo

I have one of the employees on Facebook and he made mention of it in a post last week. They are out of business. 
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

Stoneyacrefarm

They are out of business. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

dgdrls

Auction announced for Feb 29, 2020

D

Corley5

Raucher Brothers Auctioneers are doing the sale.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

LAZERDAN

CRD Metalworks Auction
Saturday, February 29, 2020 ::  10 am (preview 9 am)
On site at CRD Metalworks, 118 River Rd., Leeds MA
The owner of CRD Metalworks is retiring. Join us for this very special auction featuring the contents of his metal fabrication shop.
CDR Metalworks, a premier firewood processing machine company founded in 2006, has ceased operations and is liquidating all its equipment, machinery, welding equipment, parts, hand and power tools, and raw stock, as well as the business name, designs and intellectual property, and patents. The business manufactured

Thank You Sponsors!