iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Wow Ron,

I have run and seen my share of bunchers but never a Hydro-Ax with a boom,thats a strange machine..How do it compare to using a 445 Timco or something to that effect?

Thanks Rob.

Rob

Ah I just noticed it's a processor not just a buncher wow now thats really weird.. :oWhoever owns it how do they like it??

Ron Scott

Cook's Forest Products, Harrison, MI owns the Hydro-Ax processor. Its ok for the job intended, red pine plantation, first thinning.

It can process different product lengths and sizes to readily satisfy current market demand. Its wood utilization and slash removal is good. I'll get more photos of it in action.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 1010 Double Bunk Forwarder. Krantz pine thinning; 5/03.

~Ron

Scott

Last fall there was a TJ 1010 working on a woodlot next to ours. The land is very wet  and soft but he didn't do much rutting, he didn't have chains or those track chains on it either. Nice working machine.

Ron Scott

Western Star Wood Hauler. Comes for a load of oak sawlogs. Witte timber harvest 5/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Lokomo FMG 347 Processor with Sawhead (Swedish mfg.) Nelson's Sawmill Inc. harvesting aspen. Witte timber harvest; 5/03.

~Ron

Rob

Another piece of forestry equipment I have never seen before,that is a weird looking little machine,kinda reminds me of the Bobcats they put tracks and a saw head on but a little bigger..

Rob.

Ron Scott

Lokomo FMG 347 Processor (Swedish MFG.). Yes, very similar to the Bobcat processor.

Harvesting aspen pulpwood. Witte timber harvest 5/03.

~Ron

Scott

Looks a lot like the cab and engine off the 1010

BW_Williams

1 redneck, 1 ATV, 1 homemade logging arch.  Thinning Doug fir.  Doesn't really show, but this was a fair grade up and out to the skid road.  This area was horse logged in the 1920's and hasn't had any management since.  Unfortunatley, the pine beetles are killing all the big Ponderosas, but they make nice timbers if you get to 'em quick enough. BWW

Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

BW_Williams

Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Ron Scott

Picking Up the Chains. The log hauler operator picks up his "tie down" chains for placement with the loader's clam. This "trick" and "skill" saves time and unnecessary labor. Witte timber harvest 6/03.

~Ron

Ed_K

This is my part homemade and part bought, TSI trailer. I've already decided that the 4/wheeler isn't going to be heavy enough for any hills. But its a good excuse to get a bigger 4x4 - 30hp tractor.

Ed K

Rob

As promised here are a ton of pics my girlfriend took while I was at work on a lot clearing job..I'll have some before and after shots in a week or so.Hope you guys like.

Rob

Rob

Rob

a view towards the pile of 4 foot firewood

Rob

Rob

Here's a shot of the big Oak stump me and fellow Forum member Chris Girard felled last Saturday

Rob

Rob

Rob

Rob

Rob

Thank You Sponsors!