iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More questions about Timberking B20

Started by paulT, November 17, 2013, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulT

Now that I have the mill home I thought I would start a New thread to seek answers to some issues with the mill.

Let's start with the band will not disengage. When you release the belt tension the belt loosens but still turns the band. The previous owner thought it just needed a new belt and had installed one by the time I got there to pick up the mill. But it didn't help. The linkage is adjusted as much as possible to slack the belt. I told him I would deal with it.

It has one solid (drive) bandwheel. and one belted  I don't know if this will be a problem. But it seems to work ok.

The setworks sensor is busted looks like a Hall effect type. He had purchased a new sensor but it is a magnetic type  and takes a different plug. And he said timberking would only sell him a complete harness.

Have any of you guys dealt with any of these issues or have any info that might help with dealing with them?

Thanks

ladylake

Pull off the belt guard and there should be a metal rod both above the belt and below the belt close to the motor pulley, if missing they need to be there and if there they may need adjusting as the hold the belt in a loop around the motor pulley.. I sure think TK sells that sensor separate and will even sell parts of the wiring harness as I bought the plug in wire from the computer to T box on top just recently..   Mine has 2 belted wheel which I get really good band life with, if yours works good as is I'd leave it.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

paulT

I don't remember any rods but that makes sense  it would make the belt bow out where it needs to.   I will call TK tomorrow about the wire plug.

Is there anything that would give a hint as to the amount of use this mill has seen?  The tach works but the hour meter I was told does not. I noticed the paint is still on the uprights where the nylon pads run. It seems that would wear off fairly soon. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Paul

ladylake

Maybe one of the B20 owners could take some pics of those rods , mine is a transplanted diesel and a little different.  I'd guess not too many hours with the paint still on the upright post, mine are shiny.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

paulT

I went and looked for the rods and it does have one. Also the belt seems to flop alot also. I'm wondering if it a alignment. I think I will start from scratch and realign everything. He just replace the belt for the same reason. didn't make sense to me. I thought a worn belt would slip instead of not let the engine free wheel. 

I think I will start from scratch and realign everything.

This mill has the kubota engines on it. An upgrade I guess. Does anybody have the kubotas? 

Paul

ladylake

It should have a rod above and below the belt.   Steve

Tom the Sawyer

paulT,

Grabbed a photo during the Chiefs/Broncos halftime.  This shows the two drive belt limit rods, both are mounted to the front of the engine.  There is also a big brass bar that acts as a brake on the drive wheel when you disengage the drive belt.

Hope that helps,
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

paulT

Well I found the problem with the belt being too tight. It seems when the previous owner ordered the replacement belt he didn't specify that the mill was the kubota powered version and it takes a BX72 belt instead of the BX71 that timberking sent. He did say he had a lot of trouble getting it on. So I got one on order from Amazon  58 bucks and be here in two days 

I started from scratch and realigned every thing on the saw head. Getting acquainted.

Next I will start on the setworks.  It needs a plug for the new sensor timberking only services the complete setworks harness. Witch amounts to a T junction box and and three wires that look like telephone wire withe plugs. $260.00   I ordered a plug from a electronics store now I just have to figure out how to wire it up

Timberking has been great as far as support. I have been on the phone with them several times with questions and they are very friendly and helpful. I am impressed with the support they offer for a used machine.

Thanks
Paul

Tom the Sawyer

paulT,

Getting familiar with alignment process will yield benefits for the rest of the time you have your mill.  It is somewhat easier when there aren't any problems but understanding the whole process will help you recognize upcoming issues before they get out of hand (and make bad boards).   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Tom
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Peter Drouin

I'm glad you're getting your mill fix up and impressed with the support from Timberking why not buy the parts from them ?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

paulT

Quote from: Peter Drouin on November 19, 2013, 06:58:38 AM
I'm glad you're getting your mill fix up and impressed with the support from Timberking why not buy the parts from them ?

I would have but with shipping the belt was double the price.

ladylake

Things like belts , bearings, switches get where you can . The setworks you could end getting something that doesn't work.   Steve

Thank You Sponsors!