iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Boards

Started by scleigh, November 17, 2013, 08:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scleigh

Finally got some rest last night after buying sawmills in my sleep the past few nights. After church and lunch, my little boy and I got a Pecan crotch ready to saw. I've sawed a good bit with a retired gentleman, but this is the first time I sawed on my own mill alone. I think it turned out pretty good, got some nice boards with live edge on 1 side, 2" thick x 21" wide x 51" long.
Trying to get pics in post, hope I get it.

thecfarm

That looks nice. What are you using them for?
Poston will come on and call the pecan  smiley_devil_trident. But he's OK.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice slabs Scleigh.....I haven't read any of the other replies  ::)........but that Pecan is the  smiley_devil.

Very, very nice!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

scleigh

cfarm, I'll sale some and use the others for benches or tables.

Poston has been very helpful with the lumber questions I've asked of him over the past year. I enjoy his post and the constant ribbing he gets on here. I'm sure I'll be harassed for mentioning benches and Poston in the same post!

5quarter

A little off topic, but how did a picture of DanG wind up under postons name?  ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, scleigh!

Nice bunch of people here! 

Congratulations and have fun with the new mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congrats on the first blood sawdust especially sawing with your Son.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Your place looks very nice.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Happy for you! get ready for much more,  nice set up you have,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I see he has one of those no snow load rated roofs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Congratulations on your first boards.  Cut nice, straight pecan slabs like that, and everything else is a piece of cake.  They'll make nice table tops.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

m wood

way to go and welcome scleigh.  those pecans got almost as much CHARACTER as some of the forum members :D
(no names needed)
Mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: m wood on November 18, 2013, 03:52:21 PM
way to go and welcome scleigh.  those pecans got almost as much CHARACTER as some of the forum members :D
(no names needed)
Mark

say_what  What chu talking 'bout Willies?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Famous line...
Spoken by Arnold Jackson (Gary Coleman) to his brother Willis (Todd Bridges) on Diff'rent Strokes TV series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCrjLVSapII
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gasawyer

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking flitches. Not to be a nag but be careful moving mill with the head up near the hitch. Keep up the good work!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

scleigh

Gasawyer, You make a good point. I realized that and moved head to the rear and fastened down with hook after pulling out of shed.

Thank You Sponsors!