iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Camper would have done it better

Started by rimshot, November 19, 2013, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimshot

Well, this is still in the engineering as my version has a few flaws.  Happy camper got thie ball rolling with his version heavy duty chains and sprockets.  My version of thie gear crank lift connects by first centering a bolt hook (not an eye bolt) where a pulley hooks and the cable takes a 90* turn where I strung a cable across across between the existing WoodMizer lift eye bolts and installed a pulley to center the pull as I crank the head up the  saw/engine head.  It goes up fine except I would like to use it to pull the saw head down for the last few inches. I believe it can be done with another pulley or two.  .   If it fails the smell test nothing much will be lost.  It just may be that the juice wont be worth the squeeze but I am having fun.  I got the winch crank at a tractor farm store for $16.00 and probablyi sprung $20 on hardware.  It is worth a try as I see it.

Here are some pics.

LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

Happycamper

Dan,
  I look forward to when you use two small sprockets and a piece of chain to raise and lower the

head with ease.
                                                       Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

rimshot

Quote from: Happycamper on November 25, 2013, 08:52:29 AM
Dan,
  I look forward to when you use two small sprockets and a piece of chain to raise and lower the

head with ease.
                                                      Jim
[/quoteBut
Jim,

But Jim,  this version defies Sir Issac Newton's take on gravity and many other definitions of physics.  " WhaT goes up doesn't come down." (big grin). waiting for the discovery of  a wounded planer and as to the sprockets,   my grand daughter better ,keep a constant vigil on her bicycle.

rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

Magicman

Motorcycle shops have an assortment of sprockets.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Tractor Supply should have something too. That does look good. Hope it works the way you want it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rimshot

Magicman,

motor cycle shops would indeed be a great place to get sprockets.  Ill bet I might even find A  chain or two also.

thecfarm    Mine works great to haul the saw head up but it does not crank it down.  It would be nice to crank both ways like jim does with his unit.                         

rim

Thank You Sponsors!