iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Half-assed will bite ya.

Started by Jeff, April 19, 2017, 06:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

That reminds me of a ditch I had to dig about 3 years ago.
I had a shoulder injury and my basement drain quit.
It had to be hand dug and I did it all with one arm and a bucket.
I had to dig 6 feet down and it was under my front porch that was
only 2 feet off the ground. Then I had to dig 3 feet back up and
under the basement cement floor to the drain. The ditch was 30
feet long. Sure was glad when that was done.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

luvmexfood

The wire I am going to replace is actually well wire. I can buy replacement well wire which is direct burial rather than direct burial wire a lot cheaper. Same gauge. Will have to bury one splice. They make a kit for that but should I consider buying a tube of silicone caulk and ripping it open and placing the splice in it and work it around to seal the cable for additional protection?
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ox

I want to know how the heck you dig with one arm?  A garden trowel?  It would be impossible up here in rock country.  With two good arms you have lots of trouble.  Large digging bars rule the day for breaking up rocks.

Jeff - nice work, it looks good afterwards.  Digging sucks.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Crusarius

All I have is clay. Lots and lots of clay. I would love to just have some dirt.

Ox

Clay soil here, too.  Only places there's any dirt is under the trees from the leaves over the decades providing mulch.  Out around the house - clay.  Clay mud is the worst.  Nothing in the world is stickier.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Kbeitz

Lay a bucket on it's side and sit on it. Then take a 24" hoe and chop
the dirt and pull it back into the bucket... I had to do something.
Not fun at all...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

When I was young,  l hooked up city water to my house.  The inspector made me dig the trench 5 ft deep and it was 95 ft long. I dug it by hand to save some trees that I had to tunnel through the roots. My biggest problem was the valve on the main was 8 feet down and I had to use a  bucket and rope to get the dirt out plus make it big enough to work in. Now I have a little Chinese trencher that makes trenches a easy job. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Hilltop366

Quote from: 21incher on April 20, 2017, 02:34:25 PM
Now I have a little Chinese trencher that makes trenches a easy job. :)

I hope you mean a mechanical trencher that is made in China?  ;D

Ox

Quote from: Hilltop366 on April 20, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

Best thing I read today!  :D :D :D

21incher

Quote from: Hilltop366 on April 20, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

Good  one.;D ;D ;D ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Logger RK

Thanks hilltop 366. I haven't laughed in awhile. I did when I read your post & still am.

CJennings

I'm impressed Jeff. So impressed I'm going to make an offer you can't refuse. I'll let ya spend a night at my camp in Vermont if you dig my new root cellar. It's only 10x15 with an 8x8 section beside it. Only 4 feet to bedrock. Kind of impossible to get an excavator into the site.

Jeff

We'll be needing some A.N., diesel, and a blasting cap.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DelawhereJoe

Everybody loves the smell of A.N.F.O in the morning.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

CJennings

I can't even con my own brother into helping with that project.  :D

Holmes

Quote from: Jeff on April 19, 2017, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: Corley5 on April 19, 2017, 09:47:43 AM
You've got a back blade for your 8Ns ???  That should help with back filling  :)

Yup, loving having that 8n around!

Is that Icey in the background?  How's she doing?
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

Shes doing pretty good, but really starting to show her age this year. She is now in her 12th year. Harley keeps her young i think. :)

Magicman

Is that a picture of a 3 dog night??  ???   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nativewolf

Quote from: CJennings on April 21, 2017, 05:36:42 PM
I'm impressed Jeff. So impressed I'm going to make an offer you can't refuse. I'll let ya spend a night at my camp in Vermont if you dig my new root cellar. It's only 10x15 with an 8x8 section beside it. Only 4 feet to bedrock. Kind of impossible to get an excavator into the site.

I think it would take him more than 1 night to finish that, better let him stay 2 nights just to be sure.
Liking Walnut

Holmes

Quote from: Jeff on April 21, 2017, 11:14:52 PM
Shes doing pretty good, but really starting to show her age this year. She is now in her 12th year. Harley keeps her young i think. :)

Are you holding something Icey REALLY wants? Love that picture
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

There is a doggy toy there.  I get on the floor quite often and play with the raminals. Not sure why I call them raminals.  :D

luvmexfood

For the first time in my life I don't have a dog now. I babysit my son's dogs when I am home and he goes somewhere. They love to come and stay. Sure makes one feel safe of a night when you go to bed and have a hugh Doberman in the bed beside you, a large Weimener on the floor next to you and Smith & Wesson on the nightstand.  :D
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!