iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine fellows, I need help

Started by Mike_Barcaskey, February 08, 2009, 02:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowerwet

starting from kittery, get off at the york exit and follow the signs to nubble light, the most photographed point on the maine coast (I proposed to my wife there, she was from central PA) tourist season up here doesn't realy start till the 4th of july, it usualy isn't warm enough. (bring your fall and winter coats for the coast, my wife froze her first year here and we got married in aug)
then get back on rt 95 and go north till rt 295 in portland, the veiw starts there. get on rt1 north in brunswick, I like owls head in rockland, and take in the town in camden (sort of a tourist trap but worth the visit and a good place to stretch your legs)
Get a delorme map of maine it will list all the places you could want for parks beaches etc. and has almost every road on it. Also light houses if you like them, and other historical, scenic, type places. (the delorme globe is cool and the map store is great)
Husky 460, Fiskars x27, X7

mad dog

Buy some woodsmens fly dope.Its the only fly dope that works for Me.
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

moonhill

Or coat yourself in tar.  The old woodsmens dope.   I have coated my hard hat with thick bar oil, they stick to that and any fly stuck to your hat can't bite.  You ever notice when the chain saw is running the bugs don't bother you, as soon as you shut down though they start that incessant buzzing, that is out of your control.  They also like it right around your ear muffs, crusty blood is fun to pick at. 

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Mike_Barcaskey

don't think the wife will let me bring a saw on the trip 

bringing the fishing gear will be pushing my luck enough.
thanks for all the good info guys, we are going to start laying it out at the end of the month.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

rowerwet

I was out in the back yard with the family on saturday, the black flies are bad (I live in lebanon)  they still wont be much of an issue on the coast. though unless it is a woods area.
Other ideas, if your wife likes to shop check out LL bean in freeport, ME, a good stop to just look, they have 100's of mounted animals and fish as well as live fish ponds inside, one has a bubble in the bottom that you can crawl into and look up at the fish, I don't buy there just look.
the delorme world headquarters has a three story tall revolving globe of the world if you stand in one place you will see most of the world in a few min.
Portland head light is a big draw for people, it was comissioned by George Washington.
The owlshead transportation museum has a lot of neat old cars, trucks, tractors, engines, and airplanes, try thier website to see what is going on.
Husky 460, Fiskars x27, X7

Mike_Barcaskey

I want to thank all who took the time to post.
unfortunately, time, money and six kids at home regulated our trip to 3 days.
went to Ocean City, Maryland.
maybe for our 25th we'll head up there
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

SwampDonkey

Well your not going to be able to make the round  loop through the Maritimes, New Brunswick down to Nova Scotia and across from Yarmouth on the Cat to Bar Harbour any longer. Or visa versa. The Nova Scotia government just canceled the ferry crossing,  errr subsidy of the ferry.  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/user/rescueourferry#p/a/f/1/X2iaFxs41YQ
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!