Sponsors:

semi truck load of split firewood

Started by missouriboy, May 05, 2012, 09:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missouriboy

How much split wood is in a semi truck load and how much does it go for. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

beenthere

What are you thinking ... a flat bed, box piled loose, stacked in, or on pallets? What wood species, and how seasoned will the split wood be when loaded?

Dump box? Van box? 
How would you load the semi trailer, and how would you unload it?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gunman63

get the measurements, figure square footage, if its loose dumped in, figure 160 sq ft a cord

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gunman63

missouriboy

sorry i don't know much about semi truck loads of firewood. If you couldn't tell  :D. Thats why i am on this site to maybe learn a few things from guy who do this stuff and any help would be great. What is the most common why people buy the stuff. So if you guys know the prices on different size loads and how much firewood each different kind of load can haul if it was loaded with oak or some other kind of hard wood.

james

you are looking at a max payload with most flatbeds of 48,000 lbs 10-15 cords depending on the weight of the wood
james

doctorb

When carrying wood, is the payload of a generic "semi" (whatever that is) restricted by the weight of the load or the volume of it?  I mean, do you stop filling it up because of a weight limit, leaving it only partially full, or do you stuff it full to the brim, because weight is not a problem? 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Holmes

Weight is the issue. You get fines for being over weight.   
Think like a farmer.

MDLogging

I've got a 33 foot dump trailer with 7ft sides and i figure it holds about 9 cord.  My gross weight is only about 72000.  I usually figure 185 cubic feet on a loose cord.

Corley5

I figure 190 cubic per loose cord.  180 will stack up a little short.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!