iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I finally found a use for my rocks

Started by thecfarm, August 12, 2016, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

This is a cattle pound in Turner,Maine
it was not as tall as the others,the pound was only about 4 feet tall.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

We have a town pound here in Leyden, it's built like the Turner, Me. pound.
Ed K

kderby

Gilmanton, NH has one near "Gilmanton Corners." 

This was a big deal during colonial times.  Imagine looking out and seeing a couple cows in your garden (food supply for family and essential for winter survival). :snowball:  Push the cows over to the pound and a find a peaceful outcome for man and beast.

thecfarm

Lots of history with these pounds. google will tell alot about these. Never even heard of these until just about a month ago. We was only about 20 minutes from one the other day,but only knew what town it was in,I had no idea what road. I need to keep all that information with me. There is one a few towns over from me. Some pounds have been restored and others have made it through the years without much help. Some used 2 sides of a stone wall and some you can only see the outline of the pound. There is one the state used the rocks from the pound to put into the road to make it passable in the spring. When the road I live on was built up,the stone wall across the road was pushed into the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

newoodguy78

There is also one near the center of Sutton,Ma. It cracks me up every time I drive by it, reminds me of how times have changed.

thecfarm

Another cattle pound Greenwood City,ME

This one took a few minutes to fine. I was looking out in the woods for it. I had no idea about the sign. The information I found said by the fire station. The fire station was on another road. They should of said almost under the power lines.

This one was not as in good shape as the others. It looked no where as high as the others.I think 3 feet high.

Thank You Sponsors!