iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 357XP "Warning"

Started by Woodhog, May 25, 2004, 06:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhog

About one week ago I noticed my 357XP seemed to losing
power in the cut and reving fast when limbing. It had only cut about 10 tandem loads of spruce logs.

I took the saw to the local Husky dealer, he put the RPM meter on it and it was reving over 15,000. The jet adjustments
would not lower the RPMs.

He said it looked like an "air leak"

He disassembled the saw completely, he then noted a service
notice from Husky that mentioned a defective plastic clamp
in the area where the carburetor connects to the cylinder,
apparently it works loose, it is being replaced by a metal
clamp from Husky.

He mentioned the saw would have melted if I had not brought it in soon enough!!!

So if you have the above symptoms stop using the saw!!!

Good Luck... I doubt if Husky will come good for the repair bill????

Hunter

Thanks for the heads up.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

tony_marks

im just glad u saved usaw bud.. that woulda sure nuff ruined u day ,if u had cooked it.. good luck.

David_c

lucky save. sounds like husky should be recalling them to be fixed :D

Hunter

Have you had any other problems with the saw?
I guess I should take a close look at mine.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

woodsjunkie

I guess I should take a close look at mine.

Hunter I thought you sold your 357xp?
If I remember correctly it was a conflict with the Dolmars?
Or was that just another wise tail ? or scam?
BTW the 962's are not even on the same page as the 357xp's try one you might like it!
Your allowed to have an excuse, you just cant use the same one twice.

tony_marks

thats interesting eric..i never used an 357 but this 962 of minec is one hell of a saw..

woodsjunkie

Tony when you get back on you feet let me know......
I will send this neigerized 962 down to you... this thing flat cuts the wood way faster than the 357 I had.
Put it to you this way you all know how my 372 runs well the 962 is not far behind.
Btw how are you doing on chains?

Hunter

Woodsflunkie,
 I said I sold most of my Husqvarnas. I kept the good ones!
Dolmars are my main line, I run my EHP 7900's alot.

I still have the EHP357. Its a fast one to say the least.

Your slow 357 isnt so slow any more, guess it was the operator, or so I am told.

I have a few Efco chainsaws in the works, I would still like to run my 357 against that 962 as long as you are running regular fuel and not funny fuel.

You will also have to leave your camera home though, Dont need any more of the BS,  Scam, wife's tail, or what ever you want to call it.

Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

ehp

Hunter calm down big guy , he is just trying to get you going, just consider the sourse,no the 357 is not slow just ask the guys at the last race in New Brunwick, like Titan and 064, the 357 won that 0-60 cc class very easily . I have never had a 962 in my hands so i cannot say much about them

ehp

woodhog i hear you , I have had 1, 357  come here new with that plastic clamp broke that you are talking about,

tony_marks

hey eric .. i appreciate the chain help..looks like i may be a good while before i can even pick up a saw,.. dont want to do all this crap[surgery] and then mess it up usin a saw.. bugs the heck out me too.
 thanks again. :)

woodsjunkie

tony take care of injury and if their is anything I can do for ya just give me a yell.after you get better let me know.

Hunter It very well could have been the operator I'm sure a good operator can get a lot more out of a saw than a wantabe like my self all though "I" never said the EPH357 was SLOW actully it ran quite well and I don't recall ever saying that I was a saw operator or try to make my self out to be something that I'm not like some do.
Just let me know when you want to run the saws ,run the same gas, same wood. you run yours I'll run mine.you set the steaks, should be a good race.Let me know....

jokers

Eric, I`ve seen some of your videos and you seem to run your saws pretty well. I`d call you a saw operator.

Russ

ehp

At the get together , Eric ran his saws well  and when set up for him I cut no better than he did with his own saws, Eric runs alot more weight than i do but when Cliff gets down with him , I think he will ease up abit so he can do his switches better but I have to say that Gypo is alot better and Hunter is really comein on fast, the last time up here he was switching very good and was running his saws real well so it could be fun and I know it will be a race for either of them

LKasdorf

Ok, I give up- who makes a "962"? Echo?

dneiger

The 962 is made by Efco from Italy and distributed in the East by Tilton Equipment. Very nice saw, good power and nice design.
                Dave

incognitive

They are also distributed by John Deere, with a different color scheme.

Thank You Sponsors!