iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to saw from spruce logs

Started by leeroyjd, March 27, 2017, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeroyjd

The 12' but log is clear and 24" . The rest of the logs are full of limbs but I'd like to use as much as possible.
I'm not a builder nor do I make furniture cabinets,etc.
I would like some ideas what to saw here.
We have a couple barns that always need different work as well as one unfinished addition that needs flooring walls, etc.
Thanks!

47sawdust

1'' boards for sheathing and repair work.You will always need 2x framing material.Look around at the buildings you have to see what might need attention in the future.The great thing about having a mill is you can saw pretty much whatever you want(need).I saw 3x4,3x6,and 3x8 for a variety of projects.I also saw 1/2'' stock for battens.
The spruce will bring out some colorful language so keep the mill running when swearing to protect the innocent
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

ladylake

If you want to saw wide spruce fairly straight 3/4 pitch  Simonds blades work way better than 7/8 pitch, night and day difference.  The 3/4 pitch have a shallower gullet which after all these years I think saws straighter in hard to saw wood , more blade and less tooth to turn the blade.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!