iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very very very hard pine

Started by Clover, March 29, 2017, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clover

I don't think I'm ever going to get that blade sharp again. Only got a couple logs out of it.
Not to bad I almost all the way through LOL about 2/3rds. That's a one inch shaft
The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

jmouton

ya   thats not good,,i am surprised it went that far,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

DPatton

May as well finish that cut before you sharpen😂
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

78NHTFY

...sometimes you get the shaft :D :D :D All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

thecfarm

You use that for a log dog?
Seem like it's never done with a blade that is just about to be pulled off because it's all worn out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

Na it has to be a new one!

I usually throw in the towel on a blade that has hit metal that hard. Tin snips will cut it so you can get it out and put on a new one to saw the rod the rest of the way off ;D

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

4x4American

I like that shield over the guide roller.  My favorite saying when sawmilling: "Better luck next time" lol

The more better luck next time moments you have, the better you become!
Boy, back in my day..

newoodguy78

Sixacresand

When I had a WM LT10, it had square steel drop-in log stops.  I replaced them with oak the same dimensions.  I could just saw right through them and not tear up a blade.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Clover

Quote from: jmouton on March 29, 2017, 09:00:37 PM
ya   thats not good,,i am surprised it went that far,,,

jim

My saw cuts pretty quick and I was really moving when things came to an abrupt stop. I've never seen a hydraulic mill before but the few people that I've cut for said my mill is the fastest one they've had cut for them.
The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

tareece

I know how THAT feels... Blades and metal don't mix- for long!!! :D
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

dgdrls

Quote from: Clover on March 29, 2017, 08:18:59 PM

I don't think I'm ever going to get that blade sharp again. Only got a couple logs out of it.
Not to bad I almost all the way through LOL about 2/3rds. That's a one inch shaft

I know a member here who would take that band....and make it work!  :)

tareece

Quote from: dgdrls on April 01, 2017, 11:14:27 AM
Quote from: Clover on March 29, 2017, 08:18:59 PM

I know a member here who would take that band....and make it work!  :)
Don't keep him a secret... I'd like to learn great sharpening tips!!!
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

Magicman

He can practice on the one that I hit a dry wall type screw with this morning.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

dgdrls

You're cut from rare cloth K    8) 8)

Best
D

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Kbeitz

I really wish I had every ones blades when you all was done with them as
long as they was not broken... People say time is money... well I got the time
to waste bring back a dead blade to life again and it makes me feel good that
I took something no one wanted and made it work again. If enough blade
would come in to our junkyard I would never buy a new one again. I just
keep working on them until I find out why they are not working. It's not a
waste of time for me. I was even welding the broken ones but I think that's a
waste of time because the silver solder just cost to much for all the short
time the blade last after welding. I think I'm getting really good at fixing
dead blades. I sure get enough practice.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Clover

Kbeitz are you still using an electric die grinder to sharpen? How well does that work?

Kbeitz

Quote from: Clover on April 02, 2017, 08:45:14 AM
Kbeitz are you still using an electric die grinder to sharpen? How well does that work?

I touch up with the die grinder and I would use it all the time if it wasn't
so hard on bits. It takes one bit for every sharping. I made a sharpener that I
use now out of a chop saw.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!