iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Introduction

Started by itsmewood, February 10, 2011, 07:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsmewood

Hello everyone, just joined the foum and looking for advice. A little about my self, I am wanting to purchase a bandmill for milling my own lumber, i am no stranger to sawing, but havent been around any bandmills.
I am on a budget and have been looking at the logmaster LM1, and the EZ boardwalk JR. any advice or recomendations from anyone using theses mills would be appreciated.

Woodwalker

Can't comment on the EZ, but I can tell you the Logmasters are very well built, parts are off the shelf and the people are good to deal with. Yeah, I got one and if I buy another, odds are very high that it will come from Logmaster also.
Regardless of what brand you buy, look for something  you can get serviced, information and parts for.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Fred

I have a Baker 18 and love it!     
                               Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, itsmewood.  Good luck with your search.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Busy Beaver Lumber

Welcome Itsmewood

I have a woodmizer LT-10 and like it very much
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!
I don't mill yet, although I will be getting a Timber King in the next year-2012.

-Charles
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

paul case

welcome,
i have an ez boardwalk mdl 40. ed is great to work with you and builds a quality saw. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

tyb525

I have an LT-10 also and it's great, but then you ought to look at them yourself, each company suits each person differently ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Tullivor

Welcome to the forum!
I am going to be new to sawing this spring also.  Just purchased a Norwood LM2000, people seem to have good things to say about them.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

terrifictimbersllc

Welcome to FF & all the best with your shopping.  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

thecfarm

itsmewood,welcome to the forum.where are you located? Some logging expos are coming.Good time to see sawmills in action there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Fil-Dill

I had a EZ jr. for starters. I would still have it, but the logs kept getting bigger. Went straight to the EZ 40 size. I do it for a hobby also and the jr. would do a great job of cutting logs up to 22". They have a website up and will send you any info you want. I talked to the owner of EZ and he said last year his Jr. size mill outsold the larger mill.
EZ boardwalk 40

customsawyer

There is a forestry expo of some kind in May. I think it is in Hot Springs Ar.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Lud

Welcome to the forum.  Figure out what you need after a lot of reading here.  Good Luck.  Go for a good fit plus a little.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

itsmewood

I want to thank everyone for all the responses, I had made up my mind on the log master, called them today and they said it would take 7 or 8 weeks to build one, even though there website says they have them in stock and ready to deliver, so that has changed my mind. I talked to Ed at EZ seems like a great guy, and he has some ready to go. So hopefully I can place my order by the end of the month. Now wheter to wait on delivery or drive 8 hours and go get it.

Nomad

Take the drive.  You get to meet the people, get a look at their operation, get some on-site training...  Much better options in my opinion.  It also means that when you make the inevitable calls looking for help or info you're a face, not just a phone number.

To top it off, you get to bring your new baby home.  Not just waiting for the stork to deliver it!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Fil-Dill

I agree with nomad. I let him deliver the first mill and it was cheaper than I could have drove, but I picked up the second mill and it was nice to see the shop and accessories available and discuss blades for the mill. The mill pulls excellent. I was surprise how little it bounced while going down the road. However it was only a 4 mile round trip for me.
EZ boardwalk 40

Thank You Sponsors!