iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The mystery of the Code

Started by fencerowphil (Phil L.), January 23, 2006, 10:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

The NH law seems reasonable. I've downloaded the law, is there a link to the signup/ study materials?

A piano tuner should appreciate this lumber grader  :);
http://www.fakopp.com/lumber/lumber.htm

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Mein Gott 'n Himmel! :o

With that contraption you should be able to grade a stack of lumber
in mere ...

weeks! :D :D

Phil L.          Like Don, I would like to get the scoop on getting that
                   certificate training myself.   I think it would be worthwhile
                   for any sawyer, even if their state's law is different.
                   What about it Lenny_M ?
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Lenny_M

When we took ours, it was a home study program then a test, We met at  a park owned by the Dept of forest and lands for the test.
It is offered and inforced by the N.H. dept. of agg, foods and markets. and is only good for soft woods milled in N.H. by a mill properly regestered in N.H.
  The test was really easy, they basically wanted to see if you could tell between #2 or better by N.H. standards. If it was #2 and you failed it they count that against you. Thats where most people have problems, as the standards are not that high. some of the junk they called #2 I would not use in in a structure, except a hen house or somethang of the sort.
                                                              Lenny
The lady that gave us the test Did say they were working on making it so you can do the whole coarse online.

Thank You Sponsors!