iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planer question???

Started by FrontierLogWorks, December 17, 2005, 01:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrontierLogWorks

Any of you washington or oregon guys know where i can get my hands on a 15' or larger electric planner, one that the motor is blown up or need some work that i could get cheap..  My plan is to put a gas engine on it , so that i can take it to jobsites and plane out board that ive milled.....Any help greatly appriciated..Or suggestion about the conversion....Robert

Minnesota_boy

I saw a guy at a show that had a 4-side planer mounted on a big trailer that he could pull behind his truck.  It also had a big blower for the shavings and a diesel power generator to run the whole operation, much like one that D&L Doublecut, one of the forum's sponsors has.  It looked like a nice setup.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

D._Frederick

Try Barbo Machinery  800-452- 8503 ,Portland, Oregon. They have a lot of used wood working equipment.

highpockets

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

FrontierLogWorks

Sure you can plane wet lumber ;) , then you come back when the lumbers dry and plane it again,  but then the boards are to thin so you to mill more boards then plane those.....Thats a vicious cycle.     I actually have severall customers from early summer whos wood is dry that would like to have it planed

highpockets

I just cut some cedar and some pine that I'd like to plane for some rough shelves. I wasn't sure what the resin would do to the blades.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

Fla._Deadheader

Might gum them up some. Main thing, the chips and dust will stick to the rollers and not feed smoothly, causing ''snipes'' and burn spots if the rollers are rubber.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!